Sponsored

Just buy the 4XE. Please do!

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
I had my first CEL that lasted two trips (about 10 miles). It went away on its own. I think the dash was telling me something about the AUX switches not working. It just stopped on its own on the third day and hasn't come back.

Strangly, a few days after it went away, I stupidly left the gas door open for about a mile with the gas cap dangling before I noticed the dash telling me to close something - Doh! But that caused no CEL.... the one thing that should absolutely cause a CEL, as stated in the owner's manual, didn't. Go figure.
After my first fillup I put it on wrong. It took about a week and a couple hundred miles later for the light to show. Just quirk of the sensor I guess.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Right at 1500 miles now. No issues so far. This thing is a blast to drive. The regenerative braking is really nice when you get used to it. It was super jerky when I first started using it, but as I have gotten used to it I am able to feather off the gas to where it no longer "lurches" into regenerative braking. Hope everyone else is doing well and issue free!
Have ACE rock sliders installed now, console organizer and a few other small things. Now looking at aftermarket bumpers. Really considering the RIVAL 4x4 front bumper.

Last edited:

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
After my first fillup I put it on wrong. It took about a week and a couple hundred miles later for the light to show. Just quirk of the sensor I guess.
This is the first vehicle where I've actually thrown the gas cap code. Cheapest code I've ever cleared. It's definitely a funky mechanism.

On a side note, 37" KO2s go on tomorrow at Discount. Planning Uwharrie next weekend if anyone wants to join.

OP
OP

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
This is the first vehicle where I've actually thrown the gas cap code. Cheapest code I've ever cleared. It's definitely a funky mechanism.

On a side note, 37" KO2s go on tomorrow at Discount. Planning Uwharrie next weekend if anyone wants to join.
I'm driving over that way on the 24th. Please let me know how it goes as I have heard great things about Uwharrie. Have a blast!

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Joined the club yesterday at 1548! 31 miles now and counting. This thing is soooooooo much different than my 2018 JL-R. Will be interesting to see how the adventure goes this time...

IMG_4444.jpg

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Cause it earns ya badges.

Dickey Bell today:

Jeep Wrangler JL Just buy the 4XE. Please do! 4197B253-A356-48F8-92F7-DB90EDD5CF1C

Edit, and it towed the place to stay there

Jeep Wrangler JL Just buy the 4XE. Please do! 2C42059B-1966-47EF-8D8B-4DF89EE89263

and, it’s hard to see, but the stock Level 1 charger works fine at the campsite.
Sponsored

Last edited: