Sponsored

Just bought JLUR Suspension for my 2 Door Sport S. Question though

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
The suspension is 60/61 and 90/91. I also purchased longer LCA just to be safe, although I’ve seen people say it’s not necessary. But will this be too stiff of springs or too much lift for my 2 door? I don’t have steel bumper or tow package or hard top. I was hoping for a max of 2” lift since I read that above that you have to start making big changes underneath the Jeep. But I saw that most JLUR regardless of packages have close to the same spring rates. I’ve searched the forums and some people say it’ll mare normal driving too bumpy and stiff, others say they’ve noticed no negative affects to it so I’m really not sure what to think. I purchase the same suspension kit used from someone online for $100, but it ended up being a bunch of parts from random trims and not the right stuff. Also will I need new sway bar disconnects with this?

Hopefully someone who’s put JLUR suspension on their 2 door can chime in on whether or not it’s a good idea/works or not. I can still cancel my order if I have to. Thanks!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The suspension is 60/61 and 90/91. I also purchased longer LCA just to be safe, although I’ve seen people say it’s not necessary. But will this be too stiff of springs or too much lift for my 2 door? I don’t have steel bumper or tow package or hard top. I was hoping for a max of 2” lift since I read that above that you have to start making big changes underneath the Jeep. But I saw that most JLUR regardless of packages have close to the same spring rates. I’ve searched the forums and some people say it’ll mare normal driving too bumpy and stiff, others say they’ve noticed no negative affects to it so I’m really not sure what to think. I purchase the same suspension kit used from someone online for $100, but it ended up being a bunch of parts from random trims and not the right stuff. Also will I need new sway bar disconnects with this?

Hopefully someone who’s put JLUR suspension on their 2 door can chime in on whether or not it’s a good idea/works or not. I can still cancel my order if I have to. Thanks!
The part in bold above I'm not sure of, but if you have a set of those spring #s and the Rubicon shocks that came w/ those parts that's all you need. It's good to have the end links included since that's a wear item or you can snap one, so good to have spares. And yes, w/ those higher # springs the longer Mopar LCA should be installed too! You're good to go, and that combo will work well, should net that 2" lift.
Here's my install thread on both, and you'll see those spring #s you listed are the same as mine except you have a 60 instead of a 59 (might end up being 1/8" different when it's all said and done :) )
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
What numbers are your current springs? These Rubi springs will be a little stiffer, but if you don't like the ride then just change back

OP
OP
The_Paper_Cut

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The part in bold above I'm not sure of, but if you have a set of those spring #s and the Rubicon shocks that came w/ those parts that's all you need. It's good to have the end links included since that's a wear item or you can snap one, so good to have spares. And yes, w/ those higher # springs the longer Mopar LCA should be installed too! You're good to go, and that combo will work well, should net that 2" lift.
Here's my install thread on both, and you'll see those spring #s you listed are the same as mine except you have a 60 instead of a 59 (might end up being 1/8" different when it's all said and done :) )
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
These are the springs I was given:
68250229AC
68414072AA
68250230AC
68249113AA

The shocks were:
2x 68251039AB
2x 68250159AB

I was unsure what Jeep the shocks belonged to and couldn’t find anything online. They seem like they could be right since they’re 6825, but they could also be for 2 door.

I know 2 of those springs are for 2 door JL, but the other two I have no idea what they belong to. It was obvious they weren’t correct because for the rear, one spring was 3-4 inches shorter than the other.

Also regarding the sway bar end links. Which ones did you get? I don’t think the stock ones for my 2 door sport will fit with the added height. Funny enough I actually used your thread on your install to help me decide whether or not to go through with this.

And would you still recommend I get that 0.75” space for the front? I kept the plastic factory bumper but threw a metal winch plate mount and a winch on there, so it’s not super heavy but maybe heavy enough to drop the front a tiny bit

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
These are the springs I was given:
68250229AC
68414072AA
68250230AC
68249113AA

The shocks were:
2x 68251039AB
2x 68250159AB

I was unsure what Jeep the shocks belonged to and couldn’t find anything online. They seem like they could be right since they’re 6825, but they could also be for 2 door.

I know 2 of those springs are for 2 door JL, but the other two I have no idea what they belong to. It was obvious they weren’t correct because for the rear, one spring was 3-4 inches shorter than the other.

Also regarding the sway bar end links. Which ones did you get? I don’t think the stock ones for my 2 door sport will fit with the added height. Funny enough I actually used your thread on your install to help me decide whether or not to go through with this.

And would you still recommend I get that 0.75” space for the front? I kept the plastic factory bumper but threw a metal winch plate mount and a winch on there, so it’s not super heavy but maybe heavy enough to drop the front a tiny bit
So you also have a set of parts that you listed (60/61 and 90/91 springs)? I'm a bit confused as to what you actually have on hand. You might send a message to @AnnDee4444 he has a large sheet of spring #s that you may be able to cross reference for those springs you listed above.

If you have the 60/61 & 90/91 springs w/ JLUR shocks you're good, can't say about the other stuff you posted. And FWIW it's hard to find part #s for the shocks I tried and ended up just banging my head against the wall :(

As far as the front spacer, you may want to add it anyway as there's a slight rake and with that added winch weight it should be pretty level w/ that spacer, and if you decide to get a steel front bumper down the road, even better :)

The sway bar links are the same across all models.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
You might send a message to @AnnDee4444 he has a large sheet of spring #s that you may be able to cross reference for those springs you listed above.
FYI: This is an ongoing list, and in no way complete.

Jeep Wrangler JL Just bought JLUR Suspension for my 2 Door Sport S. Question though 1.PNG

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks Andy, I need to save that once and for all :)

OP
OP
The_Paper_Cut

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you also have a set of parts that you listed (60/61 and 90/91 springs)? I'm a bit confused as to what you actually have on hand. You might send a message to @AnnDee4444 he has a large sheet of spring #s that you may be able to cross reference for those springs you listed above.

If you have the 60/61 & 90/91 springs w/ JLUR shocks you're good, can't say about the other stuff you posted. And FWIW it's hard to find part #s for the shocks I tried and ended up just banging my head against the wall :(

As far as the front spacer, you may want to add it anyway as there's a slight rake and with that added winch weight it should be pretty level w/ that spacer, and if you decide to get a steel front bumper down the road, even better :)

actually one last question if you don’t mind. Did you also purchase new LCA for the rear or not?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
actually one last question if you don’t mind. Did you also purchase new LCA for the rear or not?
No, you only need the front for improved caster.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
@The_Paper_Cut I am running the following part numbers on my 2-door '18 Sport. These are off an 04/19 build date 4-door Rubicon with steel bumpers, tow package, and hard top.

68253660AC and 38253661AC front springs
68253590AA and 68253591AA rear springs

68330209AA Front Rubicon shocks
68330210AA Rear Rubicon shocks

I have about 4K miles on the swap now, and I'm super happy with how mine rides, both on and off-road.

Sponsored

OP
OP
The_Paper_Cut

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@The_Paper_Cut I am running the following part numbers on my 2-door '18 Sport. These are off an 04/19 build date 4-door Rubicon with steel bumpers, tow package, and hard top.

68253660AC and 38253661AC front springs
68253590AA and 68253591AA rear springs

68330209AA Front Rubicon shocks
68330210AA Rear Rubicon shocks

I have about 4K miles on the swap now, and I'm super happy with how mine rides, both on and off-road.
that’s great to hear! Did you throw on new/longer Lower Control Arms at all? How about sway bar disconnects, did you need longer ones of those as well? I’m actually planning on installing the suspension I got tomorrow. Oddly enough I got a 91 & 92 springs. Not sure why mine are one point higher than yours, but I doubt it means anything bad. Hopefully all goes smooth!

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
The rubi springs and shocks on a 2 door is a great upgrade. Put on the longer lower control arms you need those if you want it to drive right.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
I ran JLUR suspension (not really sure of the packages it had, definitely hard top) on a soft top JL 2 door sport for about a year. I got nearly 2" of lift and I never changed the control arms. Drove great and handled "OK" on trails, it was definitely stiff and I drove pretty slow on trails because we would bump around too much. FWIW this is how it was when I upgraded to a JLR with stock suspension as well. Either way, no issues for me and I liked that I got some extra lift and flex for free. As far as sway bar connects, you could probably get away with the stock ones, but I had previously had some extended ones from a spacer lift that worked for me. I also didn't run the links on the front and just left it disconnected the entire time I had the sport.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
that’s great to hear! Did you throw on new/longer Lower Control Arms at all? How about sway bar disconnects, did you need longer ones of those as well? I’m actually planning on installing the suspension I got tomorrow. Oddly enough I got a 91 & 92 springs. Not sure why mine are one point higher than yours, but I doubt it means anything bad. Hopefully all goes smooth!
You might see a touch more lift with the 91/92 springs in the rear, and they're probably better if you have rear seat passengers or other gear. As for the front lower arms, I know many members have gone with the longer front LCAs and say it drives even better. I haven't changed mine and not sure that I will, because I haven't experienced any negative effects (death wobble, twitchy steering, etc.). I feel that mine drives great, but we know that's a subjective thing for sure. The stock swaybar links are the same for Sport and Rubicon; I have looked into some aftermarket quick disconnect links for when I go wheeling but I'll probably just do what @blnewt does and bring a ratcheting box wrench to remove the bolts and zipties to put it up out of the way to get more articulation while out on the trails.

Good luck with your install!

OP
OP
The_Paper_Cut

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Just installed the suspension. Got a 2” lift in the rear and ~1.25 or 1.5” in the front. I have a steel winch plate and winch, so that’s probably why the front is less. I should’ve listened to your thread and gotten the 0.75” anyways. But I wanted to see how the Jeep would settle before doing anything like that. Honestly I might just leave it with a front rake, at least for a while now that I’ve messed with the suspension 3 times! It was super easy and I really love the outcome. Thanks!
Sponsored