Just bought from Peterson Jeep...

RobertinOC

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I just picked up a new JLUR from Peterson Jeep in Boise Idaho. I had read about the dealership and Kent for a few months and pulled the trigger on a new order in May. I was a little nervous initially, but I had a great experience! Kent was on top of it the entire build period and they came through. After I picked up the Jeep I made a road (both off and on!) trip out of it back to Southern California. Again, it was a great experience and one that I would not hesitate to do again...

1.jpg
Sponsored

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
How was pricing compared to California? Was Peterson pricing better than Dave Smith?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
How was pricing compared to California? Was Peterson pricing better than Dave Smith?
I did the same thing a year ago at dennis dillion. I agree totally worth it. and that look on your face is the priceless Jeep grin.
A couple of pictures coming over the pass on 395 south before you get to June lake.

IMG_7783.JPG

IMG_7782.JPG

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice. Congratulations!

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I just picked up a new JLUR from Peterson Jeep in Boise Idaho. I had read about the dealership and Kent for a few months and pulled the trigger on a new order in May. I was a little nervous initially, but I had a great experience! Kent was on top of it the entire build period and they came through. After I picked up the Jeep I made a road (both off and on!) trip out of it back to Southern California. Again, it was a great experience and one that I would not hesitate to do again...

1.jpg
Looks like they went back to BFG on the Rubicon.

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Looks like they went back to BFG on the Rubicon.
I just got the build sheet on the 2020 Rubicon I ordered from Peterson, and it also shows BFG tires.

I'm looking forward to making the trek up to Peterson in Idaho from Orange County, CA, to pick up my special order.
Any suggested fun routes? I haven't yet explored what's on the way there or back. I'll be driving up with my girlfriend and kids when it arrives, then we'll take turns driving the Jeep back. It would be great to know of any must-go-to places along the way.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I just got the build sheet on the 2020 Rubicon I ordered from Peterson, and it also shows BFG tires.

I'm looking forward to making the trek up to Peterson in Idaho from Orange County, CA, to pick up my special order.
Any suggested fun routes? I haven't yet explored what's on the way there or back. I'll be driving up with my girlfriend and kids when it arrives, then we'll take turns driving the Jeep back. It would be great to know of any must-go-to places along the way.
Depends on which way you. If you have time go west all the way to the coast drive down the coast . You can go on the beach. But air down. Camp in the redwoods in ca. Look for big foot the kids will love it.
If you go down395 it is remote. And that inand off it self is cool. It will be hot but there is this really nothing there. But wide open spaces. Look up coyote works jeep on YouTube. And that’s in another self is the beauty. Towns with only six people

When I went that way 395 in May I didn’t see cars for like 2 1/2 hours at a stretch there was this huge lake but I think it was only because it was raining and there was nothing around it at all
then as you coming to California you will will be going along the backside of the Sierras and you can hit June Lake or mono lake. Or mammoth. It goes down to the desert and you pass a bunch of little towns bishop big pine lone Pine independence you could cut over to death valley but depending when you go it could be really really hard it was me I go to close this time last time I want 395 and it was pretty epic see by earlier post with all the snow. You can do some wheeling exploring really off mazurka Canyon Road at the very south end of Independence and then there is the Alabama Hills on the west side near lone Pine there’s a bunch of ways up into the Sierras along the backside there or you could just check out but I think it’s going to be really hot depending on when you go to get your jeep No matter what you do it will be fun good luck have fun

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Depends on which way you. If you have time go west all the way to the coast drive down the coast . You can go on the beach. But air down. Camp in the redwoods in ca. Look for big foot the kids will love it.
If you go down395 it is remote. And that inand off it self is cool. It will be hot but there is this really nothing there. But wide open spaces. Look up coyote works jeep on YouTube. And that’s in another self is the beauty. Towns with only six people

When I went that way 395 in May I didn’t see cars for like 2 1/2 hours at a stretch there was this huge lake but I think it was only because it was raining and there was nothing around it at all
then as you coming to California you will will be going along the backside of the Sierras and you can hit June Lake or mono lake. Or mammoth. It goes down to the desert and you pass a bunch of little towns bishop big pine lone Pine independence you could cut over to death valley but depending when you go it could be really really hard it was me I go to close this time last time I want 395 and it was pretty epic see by earlier post with all the snow. You can do some wheeling exploring really off mazurka Canyon Road at the very south end of Independence and then there is the Alabama Hills on the west side near lone Pine there’s a bunch of ways up into the Sierras along the backside there or you could just check out but I think it’s going to be really hot depending on when you go to get your jeep No matter what you do it will be fun good luck have fun
Thank you for the tips! We normally camp this time of year (actually normally this week) up in the Sierras by Bishop, but my girlfriend couldn't get off work this week. It's been a long time since I traveled up the 395 past Mammoth, so I'm looking forward to that. We'll be driving up there and back with a Honda Pilot, though if we had time to lightly wheel, we could leave it somewhere. I just found out that my JL will ship on Aug 18, so maybe the end of Aug/beginning of Sep? Although the duration we're out on this trip will depend how long my girlfriend can get off of work. Unfortunately, it may turn into a bomb run.
Sponsored