OP
Aonar

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Ran trails on the 26th and 27th. Rcvd the following email on Aug 5th:
-Thank you for participating in the Jeep Badge of Honor program! Your order confirmation number is 8xxxx. Please refer to this number should you need to contact us.
-
Ship Method: U11R - UPS Gound Residential
Tracking Number:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It could take 24-48 hours for the tracking number to be live in the UPS system

Items Ordered:
BLACK BEAR PASS BADGE
IMOGENE PASS BADGE
OPHIR PASS BADGE

Items Shipped:
BLACK BEAR PASS BADGE
IMOGENE PASS BADGE
OPHIR PASS BADGE
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aonar

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ONE regret - due to circumstances we did not get to run the other BOH trails whilst there. We did run some "non-rated" trails which were positively beautiful so no regrets in that department. Sad part is that there is so much else to see in the US that I will most likely not get back to CO again. IF I do, I will try to complete the others.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aonar

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Follow-up on trip related mileage: Just did one of the Jeep Wave Oil changes and was going to rotate the tires as well. WELL, they stated that the tires looked great as is...fronts both at 12/32nds and rears at 13/32nds (was not planning on a 5 tire rotation this go around because getting a nail hole fixed in the spare and I want to verify that it will hold air over the long term before putting it back in rotation).

Now this is my lack of knowledge here but they stated that since in theory, on a rear wheel drive vehicle the tires in the rear would wear quicker than the ones in front, I should not rotate this time around.

FYI - this was over a distance of 3389 - 2545 of which was during the CO trip. Also posting this info to help validate that running my tires at MY "chalk test" pressure has done no harm whatsoever to over or under wear across the surface of the tread. At least, as per the mechanic.
Preview attachment 20210908_121856.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL Just back from Colorado trip. Some stats: {filename}
Jeep Wrangler JL Just back from Colorado trip. Some stats: tirewear

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Since I’ve switched to driving like an old man since buying this Jeep, I’d doubt my rears wear more. You also have to account for the wear/shape of the outer edges of the tread. They’ll round off being up front. Rotating them to the rear mitigates the rounding by wearing the centers more. Then add your diesel weight up front over mine and I’m sure it would be more than I experience now. I’d do the 5 tire rotation as soon as I notice no pressure loss in the repaired tire.
Sponsored

Last edited: