Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I wonder why they’d go to the trouble to mock-up rails, stinger, rack...seems like it’d be more time / expense than getting real gear that just bolts up. Maybe you can’t just feature brands in films without major costs, but what do I know. Looks laughably bad in these pics. I suppose for non Jeep people, they’ll pass as rugged looking.
Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
Bending a few thin wall non structural tubes and spraying them black is way cheaper than most aftermarket stuff and they don’t have to feature a brand I would assume

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
Bending a few thin wall non structural tubes and spraying them black is way cheaper than most aftermarket stuff and they don’t have to feature a brand I would assume
yeah good points

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Maybe if you think about it all the gawdy crap on these jeeps is a representstion of the gratuitous nature of the Biosyn corporation- they are out of touch and don't care about function just appearance.
these are not JW Jeeps- the OG's were Hammond's. These are in the movie yes but appear to be owned by the antagonist...
Jordan! Hey thanks for posting the Jeep props and photos from the upcoming final JW: Dominion movie. Thats pretty awesome. I am a BIG Jurassic Park fan (and also a big fan of the author of JP - Michael Crichton - having repeatedly read both books many times growing up). I remember the first time I fell in love with a Jeep was the scene when it is being chased by T-Rex. I always wanted a Jeep since then (a dream that was not fulfilled until I got a 2 door JL in 2019.) JP was the reason why I stick to 2 doors Jeep.

Now for a JP fan (or rather JW too) - the photos that you shared gave me some ideas on some potential plots on the upcoming movie. In the book, BioSyn was a rival to John Hammond InGen which created the dinosaur. BioSyn is an unethical company which steals ideas and information from other company, reverse engineer any technology that they stole and sell it as their own. BioSyn was the reason why the dinosaur run rampant in the first Jurassic Park through. There is scene where Dennis Nedry (played by Newman from Seinfeld) meeting a Dodgson in some island. Dodgson gave Nedry a cooler disguised as fake can of Barbasol to smuggle the embryos.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jurassic World 3 Dominion- Jeeps are Back! 1603446792180

* Dodgson, we've got Dodgson here!"

Dr. Henry Wu - from Jurassic World series was the one that created the hybrids such as Indominus Rex. In the original books - I think he was the one who created the dinosaurs. At the end of the first JW movie, he managed to smuggled out quite a bit of embryos. I would not be surprised that in order for him to further his ambition, research and creation of new hybrid dinosaurs - he would be a perfect candidate to work with Biosyn, as unethical as it is.

I think that the comments from many people on this thread sorta hit the nature of BioSyn. They are the antagonist, the bad guy, and I am sure that they play a role in now that dinosaurs are running rampant around the world. I have a feeling that there might be additional research that they need on Site B - an offshot island called Isla Sorna that acts as a factory where they do the breeding of the dinosaurs before bringing it to the main island - Isla Nublar. If I could recall The Lost World incidents actually happened in Isla Sorna.

I think that Isla Sorna will be the main island featured the final movie of Jurassic World trilogy. Which makes sense since BioSyn is interested in gaining and manipulating the dinosaur source code and Isla Sorna would be the perfect place for all the events that will take place in the final JW franchise.

I am surprised at how confusing this is. I thought that I said the first picture is a gladiator. And then I said the next ones are JL.
Yeah how all of the wheels are different is really annoying. I cannot believe that they did not consult just your average Joe Jeeper to tell them that all five wheels need to match. And those rock rails or steps or whatever they are look like an absolute nightmare to drive on anything but the flat pavement!
THey did not not do that truck any justice! even a budget boost would help! JEEEEZ!!!!
They found the time to install an angry bird grille on the Gladiator, though. Pity.
Maybe the inconsistencies for the wheels and other stuff is part of the movie...aka...maybe that company is struggling to get financed in the movie and their vehicles are "junkyard" specials...etc...so they're partly pieced together etc....until the movie comes out, I'll wait before judging cause it may have been "researched" and on purpose.
That is the worst build ever! looks like they had the mail room guy build it
Angry dipshit grill and mismatched wheels? Whoever was their transportation coordinator should be smacked.
if you look close, it appears that the rear wheel/tire on the Gladiator is larger than the front, and on the Wrangler the front wheel/tire is larger than the rear. wonder if some wheel swapping without paying attention went on?
An absolute shame about the angry grill. Does the wrangler have it too?

Disgrace to have that on there.
If this is really true then i am really sad.
How ugly are those builds!!!
I wonder why they’d go to the trouble to mock-up rails, stinger, rack...seems like it’d be more time / expense than getting real gear that just bolts up. Maybe you can’t just feature brands in films without major costs, but what do I know. Looks laughably bad in these pics. I suppose for non Jeep people, they’ll pass as rugged looking.
I really enjoyed reading all the comments joking and bashing the Jeep (JL and JT) from the photos that Jordan provided. Yes!! Angry Birds (Pretodactyl - haha good one there :like: ) grill were meant to be tacky along with the way those Jeeps were modified to make it look more intimidating, a more warlike look and feel as befitting the shady company BioSyn is.

However, I do think that JW: Dominion movie that is being helmed by Colin Trevorrow (from the first JW movie) - would not just simply create or modified something without reasons. Trevorrow is is really into details - and the budget for this movie is huge - so I would think that the inconsistencies in the size of the wheels were made so that they can move in certain way to create the effects that he wanted during the shoot. I don't know much about the vehicle mechanics but perhaps the smallest wheel have some kind of suspension that allows it to do something to complement some action scene.

One thing for sure, I think these Jeeps belong to the bad guy. Someone mentioned about some contract with Mercedes where G-Class were the main vehicle of the movie. Who knows, maybe Mercedes is still paying the studio to do the product placement for them. But to me, Jeep Wrangler JY Sahara would always be my first love that made me wanted a Jeep in the first place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jurassic World 3 Dominion- Jeeps are Back! 1603448828600

There is a whole culture of JP jeep enthusiasts. There is actually a movie-match guide to mod your '93 YJ sahara to match the movie perfectly. I can't put my life on it, but short of that I guarantee it is a reproduction. They are cool nonetheless.
Totally - the guide can be located here - http://www.jpmotorpool.com/reference/jeep/jeep_guide.html

I wanted a replica but it is almost impossible (well obviously) unless JY Sahara is used - Jeep JL are way more bigger than JY and it would look weird, so I sorta create my very own Jurassic World Jeep. Below is my ride (well actually it is my old ride - 2019 Sport S 2 Dr JL in Granite Crystal Metallic - had to trade in because the chronic clicking from the back differential is driving me crazy) with Jurassic World assets that are custom made by me (not the main logo - but it was resized to suit the door) based on the art that are featured in the movies.

I trade in my Sport S for a 2021 2 Dr Rubicon a month ago - so I am currently working on installing the decals on my new Jeep (which is also in Granite Crystal Metallic) :like: I hope to get it done by the end of this month. One of the advantages (and disadvantages) or having a unique JW jeep is that I get a LOT of validation from people. And also I get honked at a lot from people which can be scary at times - only to see them speed up and thumbs up yelling some compliments and then drove off.

Here are some photos of my first Jeep. The dealership that I bought the Jeep from asked me not to strip the decals off the Jeep and trade in to them as it is -and my answer is Haha nice try but the computer says NOOOOOOO! Needless say, I remove everything before trading in my Jeep with another dealership which offered me a better number!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jurassic World 3 Dominion- Jeeps are Back! 56065

Jeep Wrangler JL Jurassic World 3 Dominion- Jeeps are Back! 56803_LI

Dogs and Jeep goes hand in hand! :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jurassic World 3 Dominion- Jeeps are Back! 51696

Below is the Sport S with JW assets and decals removed before trading in. Looks different eh.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jurassic World 3 Dominion- Jeeps are Back! 64652

My new 2021 Rubicon that I am currently working on installing the decals (I have created additional decals) which I hope to share upon completion. Luckily the wheels are the same size :giggle:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jurassic World 3 Dominion- Jeeps are Back! 64657

Cheers!! :like: Thanks for sharing and being a part of this community. You rock!!

Sponsored

AlexM90

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara 2021
i like mine better haha! I am glad they decided to put Jeep back in the franchise though. much better than the Mercedes contract they had.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jurassic World 3 Dominion- Jeeps are Back! 64657
I'm fired up about this movie. Are those DRL lights stock and just covered with amber vinyl? I really like that and it looks like a good match with the side marker. Where can I get that?

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
gladiator.jpg
I Got mine for fathers day. Thanks Son.
I am looking into getting some Lego sets of Jurassic World and want to build them with my kids. That's a tradition that has stayed from my childhood and I passed it onto my kids is building Lego. Timeless.
Sponsored