Jlontherocks

First Name
Vlad Chernioglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Hello
I purchased a 2019 Rubicon 3 months ago. I purchased the Addictive Desert Designs front and rear bumpers for the Jeep. They were one of the most expensive options but I liked the design and they are advertised as “offering superior protection and toughest bumpers”. What a load of crap. I did the rubicon trail this weekend and slid off rocks (same rocks I’ve driven on with my JK’s for years and years). The rear bumper buckled horribly on rear left side and forced the license plate bracket to cause significant damage to the quarter panel. I have 2 guys in my off road group who have the same bumper and are experiencing the same issues in the same exact spot! Called Addictive Desert Designs and apparently the bumper isn’t made for protection and they don’t want to own up to it! They said I abused the bumper WTF! That’s what bumpers are for! If you have one in your jeep and plan to wheel be careful or take that sh** off and throw it away and tell anyone you know not to buy it!

D0517815-1A70-41D5-96DA-D9FF1CAA0565.jpeg

2BEE4F12-66DD-4CD1-86BE-829760232D5E.jpeg

B18E7CBB-472B-4E2A-B1F7-1C3B8184BA81.jpeg

B52C52DB-DA2B-4726-BF09-CA913CAF0EDE.jpeg
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
That's a pretty good ding on the tub. What's the thickness of the metal the bumper is made from? It looks like that corner folded pretty easily. I guess with all of the holes and cut outs and stuff instead of just being a solid plate of metal I could see it being prone to bending, but that is a hell of a bend.

I've seen so many rear bumpers bending into the tub when leaning into rocks and stuff. It's definitely something I'm keeping in mind for when I do order a new rear bumper.

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Looks like the holes for the laser cut plates created a perfect crumple zone, would have been a lot stronger without. Do the plate inserts have a purpose or are they just decorative?

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Definitely NOT well designed. I was looking at that bumper as well but went with a different one. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That would piss me off. I can tell you the ACE Engineering bumper will not do that. I don't think I could bend the rear Ace bumper if I wanted to. I think the Jeep would give before the Ace bumper would.

fireleo710

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Thank you for sharing your Experience with the product and company. I was about to order this through my four-wheel-drive store. Going with something else now. Thanks
Sponsored