Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If you jumper between N1 and N2 and disconnect the ESS negative I believe a jump pack will work
Will...we may be getting lost in translation, but if there is no wires leading to the ESS/Aux negative post the ESS battery can't be tapped for power.

And if the ESS/Aux battery can't be tapped for power the rig will, when testing it (the ESS/Aux battery) upon startup, see it as dead, and the rig (at least the 3.6L) won't attempt a crank.

If you jumper between N1 and N2, which is @Jebiruph's Jerry's hack, what happens is that the batteries remain in parallel 100% of the time--not just all times but an instant at startup and ESS events.

he implications for this are that a rig with an ESS/Aux battery that might alone not have enough juice for the 3.6L to attempt a crank is now not isolated from the main battery during this startup test--and if the main battery has enough power, the rig may attempt, and hopefully successfully effect a crank.

If the rig attempts a crank (i.e. the rig passes the basic power in the ESS/Aux battery test) testing has shown that both batteries are accessed to effect the cold crank. :)