Sponsored

Jump starters: who’s got one and what’s good?

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Successfully jumped my 2019 3.6 w/ESS last night and this morning with an Audew 1500. It took 2 start button pushes each time, but both times started right up on second push. I just need it to work one last time this afternoon so I can take the Jeep to the dealer for battery replacement.
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm an Antigravity fan boy, and have used the XP-3 to start one of my vehicles, and one owned by a neighbor (after he ignored my counsel to replace the dying battery in his wife's Mazda CX-5). Both have 4-cyl. engines.

I actually purchased the smallish XP-3 to carry on my motorcycle during touring/camping trips. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked as well as it did when jumping a car battery. With that in mind, I'd likely purchase a larger lithium jump pack if it was explicitly intended for carrying in my Jeep.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Successfully jumped my 2019 3.6 w/ESS last night and this morning with an Audew 1500. It took 2 start button pushes each time, but both times started right up on second push. I just need it to work one last time this afternoon so I can take the Jeep to the dealer for battery replacement.
Nice! Do you know if only the main battery was dead or both main and aux batteries?

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Nice! Do you know if only the main battery was dead or both main and aux batteries?
Don't know for sure yet, but I'm assuming the aux has been going bad for a while, and finally took the main with it. My ESS hasn't worked for at least a couple of months, aux switches weren't available after startup, and the last 2 days, remote start wouldn't work.

Weird thing is, after jumping this morning, ESS was available for first time since August.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Both batteries were bad, replaced under warranty. Everything is back to normal... I forgot how much I dislike having to hit that button every time at startup.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Both batteries were bad, replaced under warranty. Everything is back to normal... I forgot how much I dislike having to hit that button every time at startup.
Nice that they were replaced under warranty! I hated pressing that button so got a Tazer to calibrate my tires and turned ESS off as well.
Sponsored