First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I doubt the Bronco is going to be any real competitor to the Wrangler. If it is, it will be in the indirect way the 4Runner is.
Yeah, sad but true. Bronco is based on the new Ranger, which is pretty "modern." Those hoping for a good old fashioned off road animal like a Wrangler or G-Wagen will be disappointed. Bronco will be targeting the lucrative 4runner segment MUCH more than the Wrangler crowd.

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I doubt the Bronco is going to be any real competitor to the Wrangler. If it is, it will be in the indirect way the 4Runner is.
Yeah, the article said the Bronco will start around 30k, so no real price advantage. Also I doubt it will be anywhere near as customizable as a Wrangler. Plus the looks don't set it apart much. Some people like the Wrangler for it's recognizable, distinct looks.

A real competitor to the Wrangler would be a really stripped 4wd monster that's cheap. Reminiscent of the old CJs or 70's era Land Cruisers. But that stuff doesn't have a prayer in the US market with all the EPA and safety mandates.

StuntmanMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70, 2000 Firebird Formula
Yeah, sad but true. Bronco is based on the new Ranger, which is pretty "modern." Those hoping for a good old fashioned off road animal like a Wrangler or G-Wagen will be disappointed. Bronco will be targeting the lucrative 4runner segment MUCH more than the Wrangler crowd.
If it's a 4Runner competitor I would be in line for that if I were shopping a 4R. The 4R is a solid vehicle, but outdated AF and (IMO) quite overpriced. Hopefully the Bronco comes with a good offroad package including at least a rear locker.

Sponsored

shinyhalo

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WJ
Unreal. Like they weren't expensive enough already. My g/f and I were just talking about this last night. She was asking why they were so expensive, and why so many people were willing to pay. I said simple- there's noting else like it on the market. Jeep can pretty much charge whatever they want, as they have no competition. .
The unique aspects of the Wrangler Unlimited are very low tech. The other big companies should make their own Roll-bar 4x4

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
The unique aspects of the Wrangler Unlimited are very low tech. The other big companies should make their own Roll-bar 4x4
If it's a 4Runner competitor I would be in line for that if I were shopping a 4R. The 4R is a solid vehicle, but outdated AF and (IMO) quite overpriced. Hopefully the Bronco comes with a good offroad package including at least a rear locker.
It will have a removable roof, but ifs. It will check a lot of boxes for the non-modding-non-crawling crowd. Plus, 2 words: Bronco Raptor. Kinda gives chills...

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
It will have a removable roof, but ifs. It will check a lot of boxes for the non-modding-non-crawling crowd. Plus, 2 words: Bronco Raptor. Kinda gives chills...
So your saying potentially less mall crawlers?

Bronco Raptor makes me think of a horse with a raptors head on it....not a good look.

4241E307-D045-4AC6-BF9B-FB716EBF024B.jpeg

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
Sure glad I locked and loaded my Rubicon pricing back in February when my order was submitted. Accordingly to Kelly Blue Book, I could actually sell my Jeep "private party" for nearly $1000 more than I paid for it back in April when I took delivery, especially if I factor in the $500 bonus drive rebate that I received. Crazy!

Cowboy JK

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 2dr JK Sahara
Trade my JK for a JL or keep my JK and buy a used Porsche 997.2? Porsche wins. Prices for a new
JL are to dang high.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Trade my JK for a JL or keep my JK and buy a used Porsche 997.2? Porsche wins. Prices for a new
JL are to dang high.
Horses aren’t cheap either however, the maintenance in the long run what way the jail, LOL