JT Wrangler Truck Testing on Public Roads, Shows Spare Tire Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

94grt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ Unlimited Rubicon
Designers have to find room somewhere to have a bed that's useful... otherwise you're stuck with a Subaru Brat lol.
For example... comparing a CJ7 to a CJ8 Scrambler it's easy to see where extra room for a bed was found by the AMC designers...
A bit more wheelbase and a lot more overhang.
ebay309227.jpg
ejara8a9-1.jpg
Good example and like mentioned above, they have to modify it from the existing body/frame and doesn't make sense to have a crazy long wheelbase. I'm just glad they went with a usable bed. To me it looks even slightly bigger than the AEV Brute bed, but it could just be the extra padding and camouflage.
Sponsored

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a bit behind the times on this JT thing... has it been said whether this crew cab version is all there will be, or is there a possibility of a shorter, more off-roadable, Scrambler-like cousin? I probably wouldn't go for one regardless (in the foreseeable future, at least), but I'm just curious.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
As promised, here is our first sighting of the 2019 JT Jeep Wrangler Pickup Truck testing on public roads!
I think I've spotted the Link-Coil hardware similar to the Power Wagon (only with a D44 instead of AAM 9.25) in the rear.

Would need clearer front photos to see if there's an Articulink front, could be just be wishful thinking and a standard setup similar to the JKU sits up front, but would be nice to see Articulink hiding under there.

At the very least the Link-coil setup should improve hauling capabilities, and if they add air suspension the option for load leveling and improving depature angles compromised by the added length.

Notice the shock placement is different in the JT rear than on the JKU which face backwards not forwards like in the photos.

I've tried to highlight the matching components to hopefully make it easier to see.

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

Last edited:

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Can you explain in simple terms what the difference is between the current JK suspension and the Articulink set up?

Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Mule; near-production builds are still quite a ways out.
It's interesting they used JKU parts/donor mule. I suppose that means like the JL, it will be similarly revamped from the JK.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Can you explain in simple terms what the difference is between the current JK suspension and the Articulink set up?
The "Articulink" suspension on the Ram is basically just a long radius arm design, not a traditional 4-link like the current JK's front suspension.

edit: based on all the current spy photos, I don't believe at all that the JL might have the Articulink front suspension.

Fizzydg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I'm a bit behind the times on this JT thing... has it been said whether this crew cab version is all there will be, or is there a possibility of a shorter, more off-roadable, Scrambler-like cousin? I probably wouldn't go for one regardless (in the foreseeable future, at least), but I'm just curious.
The word on the street is that there WILL be a single cab JT. Judging from the photos it looks like the same wheelbase would work for both a single and crew cab JT.

I'd really like to see 3 cabs, 3 bed sizes and 3 engines offered for the JT but I know it's a tall order for a new model with no proven sales history and they will be careful not to compete in the RAM space. I would like to think with a whole plant just for the JT that more than one cab/bed is planned.

Shumx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
I second that. A single cab JT just as the truck god's intended, would get me more interested. I'd like to see some spy pics of one testing or at least a render to see how it would look.

SeaJay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5, 1976 CJ5, 1999 TJ, 2012 JK
I second that. A single cab JT just as the truck god's intended, would get me more interested. I'd like to see some spy pics of one testing or at least a render to see how it would look.
And I third that... are you listening Jeep gods? :please:

Sponsored

Shaddrach

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Freedom Edition, Avalanche LTZ
If this is the final bed, departure angle gonna be a bear.
Could be worse. At least they have the exhaust exit in a sensible location, unlike other trucks, like the Raptor.

GI Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Waiting on next Wrangler
Could be worse. At least they have the exhaust exit in a sensible location, unlike other trucks, like the Raptor.
What's bad about the Ram 1500 and Raptor's exhaust exit location? Doesn't seem to make departure angle any worse?

Shaddrach

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Freedom Edition, Avalanche LTZ
What's bad about the Ram 1500 and Raptor's exhaust exit location? Doesn't seem to make departure angle any worse?
Not ideal for maximum departure angle. It is the lowest point in the rear and you will quickly smash them into ovals after a little off-roading.
The previous gen raptor had side exit exhaust right behind the rear passenger tire.
Jeep Wrangler JL JT Wrangler Truck Testing on Public Roads, Shows Spare Tire Mount {filename}

GI Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Waiting on next Wrangler
Not ideal for maximum departure angle. It is the lowest point in the rear and you will quickly smash them into ovals after a little off-roading.
The previous gen raptor had side exit exhaust right behind the rear passenger tire.
Jeep Wrangler JL JT Wrangler Truck Testing on Public Roads, Shows Spare Tire Mount {filename}
The exhaust tip on the JT prototype hangs kind of low too since it points downwards. I could see those getting some dings as well. But yea I guess rear exit tips sticking out the back of the car eats into departure angle the most.

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
They did a great job tucking the spare up as high as possible underneath the truck. One of the concerns with an undercarriage spare mount was that it would hang too low and kill departure angle. Not the case here. :like:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.