JT Wrangler Truck Testing on Public Roads, Shows Spare Tire Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Unfortunately the length of the bed beyond the rear wheels does still negatively impact departure angles, but that was always gonna be a trade-off and most people want a usable truck-bed.
Sponsored

JJ75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
The cutline between cab and bed looks angular in the aerial photo but more curved in these on-road pics.

Hope it's not curved, that would look weird with the angular rear doors.

Jeep Wrangler JL JT Wrangler Truck Testing on Public Roads, Shows Spare Tire Mount {filename}

Jeep Wrangler JL JT Wrangler Truck Testing on Public Roads, Shows Spare Tire Mount {filename}

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
If we can digitally control ride height from the touchscreen applying load dependent angled calculations that would be a significant upgrade.

Now I want to see one of these with a long optional hard top or soft top !

:ninja::bandit::punch::jk::jk::jk::punch::bandit::ninja:

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
I'd also be partial to either of these options:

1. A hard top with a hyper-light, removable, pop up camper panel with tough Kevlar mesh sides.

2. A hard top which went with a roof setup like this, that had removable glass panels just like the proposed JT roof:

gladiator

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass, honda van
These are fine if I wanted a scrambler bed added to the new designs.... where is the truck. These all look like trunks without a lid. I still choose if possible the 2005 concept gladiator with at least the 6' bed. Sorry when you said truck, I thought you meant truck.

Sponsored

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
You ARE looking at the truck... they're using the camo to hide the separation between the cab and the bed. It's not a Scrambler type design where the bed is part of the body.

Other than the totally vertical gap between the bed and the cab, the JT should look a LOT like the JK-based AEV Double Cab Brute.

Reactions: JCC

gladiator

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass, honda van
Add another two feet to the truck bed. you have a truck. Right now, all i see is a trunk with no lid.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
It's a midsize truck, not a full size, so it'll have a 5' short box just like the standard bed on every other midsize crew cab truck on the market (ie: Toyota Tacoma, Chevy Colorado, etc). I figure the JT will be a low volume model compared to the Tacoma and Colorado, with little to no fleet/commercial sales, so I don't see them adding a 6' long box option; the take rate probably wouldn't be high enough to justify the development costs. It's wheelbase will already be comparable to the long box versions of the Tacoma and Colorado anyway.

Not that I don't think a long bed version is a bad idea, I just personally don't think Jeep is going to come out with multiple cab and bed variations of the JT. I hope I'm wrong though.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

I'm not sure what you expect out of a Jeep truck. The bed looks quite similar in length to a Ram 1500 crew cab, short box. Thats a 1/2 ton truck as well. I would guess the JT will compete with the Colorado/Canyon, Tacoma, Frontier, etc... If you want a full size truck, buy a full size truck. If you are expecting a full size truck based upon a Jeep Wrangler platform, well... Keep dreaming.
Sponsored

Reactions: JCC
Status
Not open for further replies.