JT suspension on a JL

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
I just swapped my JL Rubicon shocks for JT Rubicon Fox shocks last night. My buddy and I struggled with the bushing however, and ended up stacking washers on either side. I see it as a stop-gap until I figure out how to (and if I even can) swap the bushings.

Have any advice?
Its hard to explain. I used a donor shock as a guide for a busing. Pushed the bushing from donor shock enough so the lip is inside the shock opening. Connected two shocks so the openings align. and pushed the bushing from one shock to another.
Sponsored

ChrisAlbright

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Its hard to explain. I used a donor shock as a guide for a busing. Pushed the bushing from donor shock enough so the lip is inside the shock opening. Connected two shocks so the openings align. and pushed the bushing from one shock to another.
That makes sense. Let me see if I understand.

Remove the stock bushing from the Fox rear shock.

Push the bushing from the Rubicon shock into the eyelet, so that the rubber lib is inside of it.

Connect the two shock eyelets.

Push the Rubicon stock bushing through and into the Fox eyelet.

Is there a trick for pushing the bushings around? I was having real trouble with it which is why we went with washers.

The washers scare be a bit though because they don't allow for very much (if any) any lateral flex in the shock.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
That makes sense. Let me see if I understand.

Remove the stock bushing from the Fox rear shock.

Push the bushing from the Rubicon shock into the eyelet, so that the rubber lib is inside of it.

Connect the two shock eyelets.

Push the Rubicon stock bushing through and into the Fox eyelet.

Is there a trick for pushing the bushings around? I was having real trouble with it which is why we went with washers.

The washers scare be a bit though because they don't allow for very much (if any) any lateral flex in the shock.
I'm glad you actually understood what I was trying to say :) I used gear puller to push a bushing from one shock to another, light lubrication also helped.

PeterKH

First Name
PeterKH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys 2020
The front end of the JL and JT are pretty much the same, however, the JT is heavier up front so the springs would most likely be taller than the coils you have now. The rear is where you would not be able to fit the JT components as the springs, control arms, etc. are all completely different.
May i know what is the different on the rear Springs between JT & JL? Really appreciate if having picture. Thanks
Sponsored