JT suspension on a JL

Bambamzx10

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
I have found a full suspension set up that came off of a Mojave gladiator and I’m wondering if it’ll fit my JL sport. Can’t find any info on it. Does anyone know if it would be worth it? Would I get any lift? TIA
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The front end of the JL and JT are pretty much the same, however, the JT is heavier up front so the springs would most likely be taller than the coils you have now. The rear is where you would not be able to fit the JT components as the springs, control arms, etc. are all completely different.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
As mentioned above, front springs and shocks work. Rear springs don't and rear shocks should work with minor modifications. I have fox shocks from JT Rubicon on my JLU
Edit: Typed JL Rubicon instead of JT

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bambamzx10

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Ok thank you. Ill just keep looking for rubicon JL take offs then.
The front end of the JL and JT are pretty much the same, however, the JT is heavier up front so the springs would most likely be taller than the coils you have now. The rear is where you would not be able to fit the JT components as the springs, control arms, etc. are all completely different.

OP
OP

Bambamzx10

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
How do you like the Fox shocks?
As mentioned above, front springs and shocks work. Rear springs don't and rear shocks should work with minor modifications. I have fox shocks from JL Rubicon on my JLU

Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the Fox shocks?
Corrected my post, I meant to say that I have Fox shocks from JT Rubicon. I like them a lot, but some people find valving too soft. For me they are perfect in 99% of my driving and off road.

OP
OP

Bambamzx10

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Corrected my post, I meant to say that I have Fox shocks from JT Rubicon. I like them a lot, but some people find valving too soft. For me they are perfect in 99% of my driving and off road.
Gotcha! So the shocks from the JT work but springs and other stuff for the rear will not

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Ok thank you. Ill just keep looking for rubicon JL take offs then.
You could go to a local off-road shop if you have one nearby.. they are always upgrading JLs and I am certain most owners don't want the take-off parts and the shop has no use for them.. just ask them if they want to give the parts away to you.. :)

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha! So the shocks from the JT work but springs and other stuff for the rear will not
Correct. With rear rubicon JT shocks you need to change the upper bushing for the one from JL. Not sure if Mojave shocks install is more involved.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bambamzx10

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Correct. With rear rubicon JT shocks you need to change the upper bushing for the one from JL. Not sure if Mojave shocks install is more involved.
Awesome thank you for the info.

Qurtyslyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
To install Mojave shocks on a JL, the easiest way is to make a bushing from 1mm sheet metal to adapt the shocks (14mm rubber bushing) to use the 12mm bolts used by the JL. You'll also need a spacer for the rear (two spacers per side, a 10mm one, and a ~19mm one) with a 12mm internal diamter, as the shock's bushing isn't as wide as what the JL has.

None of it is difficult if you have the means to do it.

Jeep Wrangler JL JT suspension on a JL 1664310720363

sciotola88

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Ecodiesel and 2020 JTR
Occupation
Underwriter
I have the mojave shocks on my diesel and i like them. Picked them up for $100 so i couldnt pass them up.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, I might need to look into this.

We have horrible washboard in Idaho.

ChrisAlbright

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
As mentioned above, front springs and shocks work. Rear springs don't and rear shocks should work with minor modifications. I have fox shocks from JT Rubicon on my JLU
Edit: Typed JL Rubicon instead of JT
I just swapped my JL Rubicon shocks for JT Rubicon Fox shocks last night. My buddy and I struggled with the bushing however, and ended up stacking washers on either side. I see it as a stop-gap until I figure out how to (and if I even can) swap the bushings.

Have any advice?
Sponsored