Sponsored

JT 8 footer

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I posted this here in the 2 door forum only cuz I saw this pic in a discussion over on the Gladiator site about 2 door JTs.
Honestly, the 4 doors and short 5ft bed is the reason I wont get one. I would only get one if it was a 2 door, which will never happen (its been discussed here before).
Some jokester over there decided to go the other way with it and create this monstrosity. A JT with an 8 foot bed. Its obviously photoshopped and not real, but it had me laughing my ass off when I saw it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(full disclosure....I go over there sometimes to check on any local deals in the member marketplace. I have no intention of getting rid of my 2 dr JLR)

Jeep Wrangler JL JT 8 footer 1651329233499
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Pretty sure that’s way longer then 8 foot. I think it would be interesting if they offered a 6.5 foot bed (with axle further back) and fuller rear doors, that isn’t shared with the JLU. I feel it would be more competitive and useful as a truck.

However, I would have bought a regular cab with 6.5 foot bed if it was offered over my JL.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
That would be a vehicle for anyone that owns a 33ft class C motorhome or some of those older class A. They are used to an extremely long overhang at the rear.

Real trucks have an 8' box, ammirite?
Depends on what you consider "real". As for what you mostly see, it's typically a 4 door truck with a 5.5ft bed. 90% of what I see at work is that configuration. Since most people just use their truck to haul mulch and the family, that's what you get. I get to drive lots of different vehicles and if I wanted a truck, it would not be a Jeep. They are a PIA to maneuver over something like an F150. My major complaint is that it's hard to see the corners of the bed (unless you are really tall). Then I'm thinking, most Jeep pickup owners are like F150 and (insert your brand here) where they pretty much never use them for the intended purpose. On the other hand, I fully understand why there is a Jeep pickup. There's always a market out there for them.

Jeep really needs to make the pickup Jeep with whatever the biggest diesel they have in the pickup and shoehorn it in that baby. Charge $100K and they will sell like hotcakes. I'd never buy one but I have found if you can throw everything but the kitchen sink at something, people line up even if it's expensive. I'd even run dual pipes out through the the bed (even though it takes up room in the bed). Make them satin black or chrome. Throw in some 28" wheels that are either polished aluminum or satin black. None of that it's my cup of tea but when you want to make money, those are the things to do. Who doesn't want to make money selling useless products?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Double stacks through the bed and dually rear, that's what Jeep needs to do (never mind about taking up bed space or increasing payload, that's not what JTs are for anyway)!

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I posted this here in the 2 door forum only cuz I saw this pic in a discussion over on the Gladiator site about 2 door JTs.
Honestly, the 4 doors and short 5ft bed is the reason I wont get one. I would only get one if it was a 2 door, which will never happen (its been discussed here before).
Some jokester over there decided to go the other way with it and create this monstrosity. A JT with an 8 foot bed. Its obviously photoshopped and not real, but it had me laughing my ass off when I saw it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
(full disclosure....I go over there sometimes to check on any local deals in the member marketplace. I have no intention of getting rid of my 2 dr JLR)

Jeep Wrangler JL JT 8 footer 99585DBD-50C6-42EF-A462-1F9E3E5F8246
Photoshop you can see the background is copied.

I would like to see a six foot bed and a wider JT to complete with GM and Ford.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Double stacks through the bed and dually rear, that's what Jeep needs to do (never mind about taking up bed space or increasing payload, that's not what JTs are for anyway)!
What about a $3K option for quadruple stacks? That sounds like a great deal as that's what i'd do but I'm worried about voiding the corrosion warranty by using a 6" hole saw in the bed.

Bkilby

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392, 1974 Hemi Cherokee
Occupation
Chief Toilet Scrubber
This one is on Los Angeles Craigslist.
Jeep Wrangler JL JT 8 footer 00E0E_iqUdqnkHdwZz_0fu0bC_1200x900

OP
OP

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The pic I posted is obviously fake and was meant to be a joke by the guy who photoshopped it. That one is at least real. Still not my thing...

Sponsored

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The pic I posted is obviously fake and was meant to be a joke by the guy who photoshopped it. That one is at least real. Still not my thing...
What you posted is real. If the RV industry can get away with that type of overhang, so can Jeep. It's just missing the quad stacks, massive diesel engine and 28" wheels.

On a side note, a bulldog option would be perfection.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
J6

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Might as well give that grotesque mf'er 3rd-row seating..

Jeep Wrangler JL JT 8 footer Image1

(I know a few people that love how the JT looks and that's cool, just personally think it looks hideous)
Sponsored