Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
As I get ready to place my order so I can get Jscan up and running I am really undecided or a BT module, so after some checking I am looking at good, better and best.

I know there are lots that say go the inexpensive route but I don’t like headaches so with that said here are my choices for from best to least expensive, if I go with the best the total investment with Jscan license would be around $150 but the best seems to be really well made and looks solid And even at $150 for the investment it’s still a lot less than other programmers

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_39K3FbHNHAXPT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076XVQMVS/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_H-K3FbVCXWRN8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTKSCEJ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_x.K3Fb0D9QXJC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

and here is the BT adapter

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082PTBZ6K/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_dbL3Fb9XKT45Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using this one with the bypass cable. I guess it just depends on what you are looking for? Can't really advise you on what to get without your intentions
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGBKG8X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_pZN3Fb0ERPY85?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
My intentions are to get the most I can from the Jscan app plus other apps that can utilize the BT module and it seems that the first one I linked to is the best and there are no fees associated with it when it’s paired with lots of other apps, I know some have reported that with the lesser costly BT modules that some features become unavailable

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
The MX+ is said to be the gold standard.

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Yeah I'm not sure on what all special that offers over like the one I have. The jscan app charges you like $20 to register the VIN.

Sponsored

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I only got it to adjust tire size but it seems to be able to control ESS, tpms, blind spot, lights, backup sensor...I can send what shows up in the app next time I connect to it

thx138

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU '17 GTI
Occupation
IT
I have had an MX since 2016 and it has worked every time on every car I have plugged it into. Before that I used a cheap $20 one that crapped out after 2 years.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
OP- this model of OBD2 reader gives full capability for Jscan programming. Now days this technology is very inexpensive to make.

Also of brand bypass wires cost $20 and function perfectly fine.
I know they all kinda do the same thing and I’m guessing as long as the Jscan folks approve it then it’s good to go but I’m thinking will the cheaper ones be good to go in a year or two and I don’t want the headaches.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
If you review the JScan literature you'll see that not all OBD2 adapters provide the same access to the JL.

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
If you review the JScan literature you'll see that not all OBD2 adapters provide the same access to the JL.
Could you link to that because I have yet to see any evidence other than forums saying the $100 adapter is "more capable"

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Could you link to that because I have yet to see any evidence other than forums saying the $100 adapter is "more capable"

From JScan;

"Author, JScan,
Veepeak is perfect, and it works flawlessly with JK and most other cars. OBD Link MX+ is recommended for JL/JT platform.
"
Sponsored