Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
A 5.7L or a 5.2L or a twin turbo 3.6L would have been something to add to the line-up. The 3.6TT would have been a great ride...
Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
When a business insider tells you “it won’t last long. Get em’ while you can”.... makes you think
I take it with the same grain of salt I take the weatherman. They don't usually know much more than us and are usually wrong anyway.
He may not know any more than us, but I'd say he's making an educated guess based on his industry knowledge, experience, and how things are trending in the industry. I would agree- the 392 Rubi is a marvel that shouldn't exist. BUT, I also get the feeling that after a few years when the initial hype cools (if it cools), and sales drop, due to either fuel prices spiking or demand shifting/ dropping... Jeep will just axe them and push the 4xe. They won't drop prices on these, especially if the other model Wranglers are selling well (and they will). Electric is the future for the industry, and that tech will only improve.

That said: Lieberman absolutely has insider connections within the industry and gets knowledge we don't. In an episode of the Truck show podcast (I think it was the Special Episode about the 392 Reveal/ Bronco Launch, if not- it was the one where the announced 392 going into production): He mentioned one of his contacts on the Wrangler engineering R&D team had been testing 392 mules with the Hemi since the JL platform launched in 2018. It sounds like They absolutely had a few JLUR's with the Hemi under the hood they had built, and had been driving around on the sly, tweaking issues while the rest of it (legal, financial) got sorted. If you look at the fact that the Hemi not only FITS into the JL, but many of the systems will support that drivetrain (braking, fuel delivery, etc), this was coming. The way he talks, I'm pretty sure he knew it and He couldn't say anything about it until it launched due to embargoes, and outing his contact/ damaging that relationship. They even had a few JK Test mules with Hemis. That's exactly what good journalists have to deal with though.

Dammit... now I'm doing the mental gymnastics to try to justify buying one... AGAIN.