Joined the Club but got some questions!

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
So I am proud to say I finally joined the Jeep Club. I have literally wanted a Jeep since I was 15 and due to various reasons over the years it just never happened. So now I have finally been able to get my dream car. I was able to get it used and got a pretty good deal. I did have to Drive 7 hours to get it but was well worth it. This thing is like brand new and I love it!

If anyone on this forum is Andrew Allison or knows Andrew Allison from IL or close around Chicago....let me know. The Jeep was originalyl built and owned by him before he traded it in.

That being said here are my questions.

The Jeep is a 2018 an Unlimited Rubicon Built around July 2018.

1. So far the 8.4" Uconnect does not have the Offroad pages...Unconnect online says it is up to date. The Local Jeep dealer had no clue about offroad pages and an OTA update. I called Uconnect and they said the OTA was regionally and my area...OHIO...may not have gotten it yet. Is everyone you contact really clueless about their own products? So does anyone know how to get the Off Road Pages or are they in hiatus right now?

2. The Jeep has Wheel Locks on it but the owner did not provide the unlock (Key) Socket when he traded it in. Can I just get the Key or do I have to buy the whole set again?

3. The apps.....good lord the apps....Uconnect...Sirius XM Guardian...is it just me or do neither of these apps work. The jeep has the Factory Sirius subscriptions active but neither app works. The Uconnect APP says "No Active Services" and the XM Guardian APP cant even login in. And before any asks.....yes I have uninstalled and re-installed the apps.

Other than that...I am truly thrilled with the Jeep.

jeep crop.jpg
Sponsored

Eloib

First Name
Eloi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! For the apps, did you get a subscription? I do not know if trade ins get the free trial. This being said, I’ve had some sporadic issues with the apps but they get solved once they issue an update, for the most part they are functional 99% of the time for me.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
So I am proud to say I finally joined the Jeep Club. I have literally wanted a Jeep since I was 15 and due to various reasons over the years it just never happened. So now I have finally been able to get my dream car. I was able to get it used and got a pretty good deal. I did have to Drive 7 hours to get it but was well worth it. This thing is like brand new and I love it!

If anyone on this forum is Andrew Allison or knows Andrew Allison from IL or close around Chicago....let me know. The Jeep was originalyl built and owned by him before he traded it in.

That being said here are my questions.

The Jeep is a 2018 an Unlimited Rubicon Built around July 2018.

1. So far the 8.4" Uconnect does not have the Offroad pages...Unconnect online says it is up to date. The Local Jeep dealer had no clue about offroad pages and an OTA update. I called Uconnect and they said the OTA was regionally and my area...OHIO...may not have gotten it yet. Is everyone you contact really clueless about their own products? So does anyone know how to get the Off Road Pages or are they in hiatus right now?

2. The Jeep has Wheel Locks on it but the owner did not provide the unlock (Key) Socket when he traded it in. Can I just get the Key or do I have to buy the whole set again?

3. The apps.....good lord the apps....Uconnect...Sirius XM Guardian...is it just me or do neither of these apps work. The jeep has the Factory Sirius subscriptions active but neither app works. The Uconnect APP says "No Active Services" and the XM Guardian APP cant even login in. And before any asks.....yes I have uninstalled and re-installed the apps.

Other than that...I am truly thrilled with the Jeep.

jeep crop.jpg
Welcome to the club :party:

3 - FWIW, mine didn't work for a few days after picking mine up. Then outta nowhere started working fine. Probably just had to wait for ownership records or whatever to go through.

OP
OP
R3D J33P

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! For the apps, did you get a subscription? I do not know if trade ins get the free trial. This being said, I’ve had some sporadic issues with the apps but they get solved once they issue an update, for the most part they are functional 99% of the time for me.
Well at first they wanted to charge me...but after telling them to go jump off a cliff the tone changed and all of the sudden I had the full free original Jeep subscriptions...just like it was new....still the apps just dont work.

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Regarding the wheel locks. If they’re the Mopar ones I think they make 26 different keys. The dealer should be able to order you the right one.

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Had to call Sirius / Gaurdian to get my app fixed. Whoever from the dealer activated entered an invalid code. Fixed it on their end and the app worked.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I tried getting the apps to work for the first couple weeks I had my 2019. I have since given up and don’t ever think about them. (Owned since 12/7)

I looked into what the apps can do and decided those features weren’t worth whatever additional hassle it would take to get them working.

I do have off road pages though

maksiu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara

Check under the tray in the trunk area that stores the bolts. They put mine there instead of the glove box

OP
OP
R3D J33P

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had to call Sirius / Gaurdian to get my app fixed. Whoever from the dealer activated entered an invalid code. Fixed it on their end and the app worked.
Ill have to give them another call.....just wish I could understand half of them on the phone.

OP
OP
R3D J33P

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried getting the apps to work for the first couple weeks I had my 2019. I have since given up and don’t ever think about them. (Owned since 12/7)

I looked into what the apps can do and decided those features weren’t worth whatever additional hassle it would take to get them working.

I do have off road pages though

Yeah..I kind of figured the same. The only real feature I wanted was the Remote Start on the app.

I am kind of bummed on the "Off Road Pages" though. according to my Uconnect it is the most updated version....based on www.driveuconnect.com... The dealership....which is a Jeep/Chrysler/Ram dealer was basically an idiot and looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my head when I mentioned "Off Road Pages".....I was like, how do I know more about your product than you do?

OP
OP
R3D J33P

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Check under the tray in the trunk area that stores the bolts. They put mine there instead of the glove box

Yep...Nothing....I got a great deal but when the Guy traded it in he didnt hand over everything. I didn't get the 2nd Key, The Soft Top, The Tool Kit, The Wheel Lock key, and the Softtop storage bag..

Attached is a pic of the Wheel lock.

IMG_20190214_150527473.jpg
Sponsored