TonyM

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A JL Soon.
Vehicle Showcase
Would a hood wind deflector reduce the chances of getting a chip? I have noticed a few minor chips in mine.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I'm two weeks into a Safelite order after the dealership scratched my factory glass using steel wool to remove stickers. If you have ACC, get ready for a wait. The dealership said Safelite could get the glass faster as they work with multiple dealerships to acquire parts. There is no Gorilla Glass offering to even order at this point for the ACC owners.

DCELL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Sahara, Ford F150
Anyway... rock popped up from a truck and hit the windshield, got the standard issue crack. Called our insurance agent (State Farm), a contractor (K&K Glass) they used in Florida called me about an hour later, then put a SF claims rep on the phone. I made it clear I wanted an OEM windshield, with the urban legend acoustic glass and the little Willy's silhouette in the lower right corner, etc. They ordered it. Came in 2 1/2 weeks later. The contractor said Jeep is stingy with them and they're hard to get without a wait. Took the guy about an hour to get the old one off.....

Sponsored

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Ours got cracked I believe in September. At least it’s on the passenger side. It started at the very bottom of the windshield and luckily went straight up. Suppose to get replaced next month when it gets repaired from hail damage. Last night while driving into town another rock hit it on the drivers side. No telling where this crack will end up going.

These windshields really suck!

_gmacias

First Name
Georgia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl 2018
I got my windshield replaced after a month and a half of owning my JLU. And last week had a chip repair done. Went to safelite both times :clap:

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
Joining the club. Coming home fm a run yesterday, windy as all get out. Jeep took a big gust of wind and we heard the "tink". Our crack is on the bottom, middle. Guessing Safelite will be getting a call this week. ARGH!

dugal

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara, 1974 BMW R90/6
Occupation
Retired, the best job I ever had.
What is the urban legend acoustic glass and how do you know if you have it? I have a 2018 JLUS. Cracked my windshield and it's starting to run.

digirati

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Cracked my windshield within the first 800 miles. :-( Waiting on backordered replacement.

Sponsored

robplumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR in Dozer
Welcome to Jeep ownership...

I put a few in my old TJ...JK only one so far in 7 years. Feel lucky there...but it has a couple more nicks that I need to get filled...

Angle of the windshield and how flat it is doesn't help with keeping cracks away. They don't really deflect rocks so much as absorb them.

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
Forced to join the club yesterday. I heard a pop when driving home in 16 degree weather, then watched in my peripheral vision as the crack kept running like an Etch A Sketch. No sense in replacing it in Colorado until late spring.

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
In the past week it looks like someone sandblasted my windshield. Three more prominent chips are present and from confirmed rocks.....but I drive about as careful and distant as can be. This is absolutely 100% poor glass material. Hey gotta line their pockets and prove to the board revenue is up. I don't know whether to wait until the windshield blows up or be proactive. For a vehicle meant for extreme environments and purpose......this is kind of comical...

Dgocin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl unlimited sport s
Joined the club this morning ... heard a rock but no crack, parked and went to work ... lunch came and a 10 inch crack ... picked it up Tuesday @ 9pm today is Friday
20190315_141046.jpg
20190315_141119.jpg
Sponsored