Sponsored

John Bull - Sat June 10th ***** UPDATED DATE *******

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
So looks like due to some unforeseen circumstances I may not be able to make that 4th of July weekend John Bull/camping trip.

Anyone interested in making a run of if on Sat 6/17? I'm still thinking pretty early as to avoid the crowd situation we had before.

Attendees:

@SadRobot
@Pig-Pen
@Mx5red
@Frezski
@bjm00se

Meetup spot @ 730A

Van Dusen & Shore Dr
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I will be golfing that weekend with a bunch of my buddies.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I might be interested but so far not 100% which weekend ill be going up, mainly because my better half cannot secure time off due to her employees not coming in half the time. We had to cancel Moab 6/9-6/20. So needless to say I want to try to run for an extended weekend up to Big Bear. She has told me she secured 9th-12th... but so far hasn't forecasted what the rest of the week or the weekend of the 6/17 looks like. I will keep you posted. I ran John Bull last fall solo, not opposed to running it again, but also looking to run Holcomb Creek this time around too. I know this isn't your usual bunch from your last outing. I'm trying to branch out among other jeep owners. Unfortunately, I'm the only jeep owner in my normal group of coworkers.. I need more of a challenge once in a while if you all catch my drift.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I may be able to. Let me check with my wife to make sure we don’t have plans that day. Jeep goes to the dealer this Wednesday for warranty work but should be back well before then (oil pan leak and that rotor that was damaged).

If we hit the trail early enough and there isn’t a traffic jam it’s a 2.5 hour run with breaks. We could probably hit Holcomb after and clear both BoH’s for those that need them. I need Holcomb to finish off Big Bear area.

I’ll have my 8 year old son with me that weekend if anyone else is bringing their kids.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I'm also flexible to go next weekend (the 10th) if that works better for a majority of people.

Edit: May even be better to do the 10th. I just realized if I damage something on the 17th that'll be a huge problem as I have to drive up north on the 19th.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I might be interested but so far not 100% which weekend ill be going up, mainly because my better half cannot secure time off due to her employees not coming in half the time. We had to cancel Moab 6/9-6/20. So needless to say I want to try to run for an extended weekend up to Big Bear. She has told me she secured 9th-12th... but so far hasn't forecasted what the rest of the week or the weekend of the 6/17 looks like. I will keep you posted. I ran John Bull last fall solo, not opposed to running it again, but also looking to run Holcomb Creek this time around too. I know this isn't your usual bunch from your last outing. I'm trying to branch out among other jeep owners. Unfortunately, I'm the only jeep owner in my normal group of coworkers.. I need more of a challenge once in a while if you all catch my drift.
I also want to get that Holcomb Badge. Looks like it's more difficult than John Bull this year.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Well depending on the your time constraints.. I'm game to run both. And let me know if this coming weekend works the best. 6/10. That maybe is my ticket weekend to head out because I know what she's working with time off wise.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Annnnddd... hold up my better half just told me she can't take time off now.. she had a friend desk quit. Like half hour ago.... so I guess it could be me and the dog?

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Annnnddd... hold up my better half just told me she can't take time off now.. she had a friend desk quit. Like half hour ago.... so I guess it could be me and the dog?
Bummer. Yeah officially changing to the 10th. I'm thinking 8A start at John Bull. Last time we thought we'd have time to run 2 trails and it just didn't quite work out due to the crowds so I guess it's time/crowd dependent again.

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer. Yeah officially changing to the 10th. I'm thinking 8A start at John Bull. Last time we thought we'd have time to run 2 trails and it just didn't quite work out due to the crowds so I guess it's time/crowd dependent again.
Still works for me. I will have to leave her behind. I have a friend who lives in Hesperia, so maybe I will trailer down to his place and offload the truck and trailer. Perhaps I can get him to ride shot gun.. I know it's an hour to big bear give or take. So I'm hood with an early day. Are you shooting for John Bull only or wanting to add Holcomb after?

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Still works for me. I will have to leave her behind. I have a friend who lives in Hesperia, so maybe I will trailer down to his place and offload the truck and trailer. Perhaps I can get him to ride shot gun.. I know it's an hour to big bear give or take. So I'm hood with an early day. Are you shooting for John Bull only or wanting to add Holcomb after?
I think it'll depend on how John Bull goes on whether to add Holcomb. If there's time and I haven't smashed up my Jeep I'd be up for it.