Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running gmrs? I can't remember what I read on your last Group ride out, I have a spare frs.
Sponsored

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Just changed dates to the 10th. You avail that weekend?
If love to buy probably still not 100% after the surgery. While driving wouldn't be an issue any recovery or moving of rocks or anything is still going to be a no go. Probably best for me to wait until July before I'm back on anything too crazy.

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
If love to buy probably still not 100% after the surgery. While driving wouldn't be an issue any recovery or moving of rocks or anything is still going to be a no go. Probably best for me to wait until July before I'm back on anything too crazy.
That's fair. Well if we don't hit Holcomb I'm sure I'll be putting up a run out again in July for sure. If not at least a Pioneertown --> Big Bear run.

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe if there are enough bodies going you don't have to get down and dirty.. and enjoy the ride.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Maybe if there are enough bodies going you don't have to get down and dirty.. and enjoy the ride.
Do you know how hard it would be for me to sit there and watch especially of it were my jeep. While if love to go I'll do the responsible thing and skip out.

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Pioneertown to Big Bear would be fun
Now that it's no longer covered in 6ft of snow should be a good time. I've never run it Big Bear --> Pioneertown so might even try that as it puts you close to Yucca Valley and one of my favorite BBQ spots there.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Now that it's no longer covered in 6ft of snow should be a good time. I've never run it Big Bear --> Pioneertown so might even try that as it puts you close to Yucca Valley and one of my favorite BBQ spots there.
I've never run it in either direction. Stayed with my buddy in Pioneertown for a few months when we were stationed in 29 Palms. Been quite a while since I've been up that way though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I've never run it in either direction. Stayed with my buddy in Pioneertown for a few months when we were stationed in 29 Palms. Been quite a while since I've been up that way though.
I've read on TrailsOffroad that it's a little rougher this year due to the rain/snow. It claims it's a 2 but when I ran it last year I even remember some sketchier areas of shelf road that a bad line could send you over the edge of the mountain for sure.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

I've read on TrailsOffroad that it's a little rougher this year due to the rain/snow. It claims it's a 2 but when I ran it last year I even remember some sketchier areas of shelf road that a bad line could send you over the edge of the mountain for sure.
Shelf roads can be scary. We ran into some sketchy spots when we were in Death Valley a few months ago.

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Anyone know where the typical meeting spot is for John Bull? Does everyone just meet at the gatekeeper? I feel like there wasn't any cell reception there which may not be great.

OP
OP
SadRobot

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Shelf roads can be scary. We ran into some sketchy spots when we were in Death Valley a few months ago.
Love Death Valley! They just re-opened the road out to The Racetrack which I've been wanting to do for awhile. I'll be trying to get a group together for that once winter is back.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know where the typical meeting spot is for John Bull? Does everyone just meet at the gatekeeper? I feel like there wasn't any cell reception there which may not be great.
When I did it last year, I had my buddy in his taco pull aside of the road where turn off is off of 3N16 that takes you down to the gate keeper. Worst case is we meet at the start of 3n16 where most start airing down.. to keep the group the together?
Sponsored