MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
When you guys go there is it a day trip or does it require overnight? Do they have hotels there or do you have to camp? Seems pretty far from Denver.
It is about 6 hours give or take to get to the Four Corners area from Denver. There are many ways to get there, and they're all super-scenic. The northern routes start along I-70, the middle routes along US 50, and the southern routes along US 160. There are lots of hotel options in Durango, Telluride, and surrounding towns. Two of the best trips I ever did down there were week-long adventures where we backpacked and camped for a couple of days at a time, then retreated to Durango or Tellurude for some self-pampering at a luxury hotel, then back to the outback for a couple more days, etc. You can hardly go wrong down there, it's just awesome.
Sponsored

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
I am getting tired of this conversation so I am going to ask my question as I haven't seen this asked yet and if it has I am sorry for asking again.....

For all of you complaining about the red dash I remember reading earlier that it was an option. Has that changed? If so, when did that get F'd up? I do not want a red or silver dash unless I buy a red or silver JL. Hell, I don't want a fake leather dash unless I buy a fake leather exterior JL for that matter. I am picky but I like what I like and if it comes that way I am not going to buy a new Rubi. I will just go buy a new F-350 diesel with my A-Plan discount.

As this probably going to be my last new vehicle for a long time I am going to get exactly what I want and be happy; I refuse to settle.
This is the latest info posted by admin @JAY. Doesn't seem like it will be optional.

JL Wrangler FAQ and Answers From the LA Show Debut

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
This is the latest info posted by admin @JAY. Doesn't seem like it will be optional.

JL Wrangler FAQ and Answers From the LA Show Debut
Thanks for the link. It answers my question straight up. Not liking this at all. Oh well. For not much more after my A Plan and the usual "Hey you!!! Buy our crap!" discounts from Ford it isn't much of a price leap to go to the 350. I was just hoping to get back into Jeeping with my kids while they were still little.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Thanks for the link. It answers my question straight up. Not liking this at all. Oh well. For not much more after my A Plan and the usual "Hey you!!! Buy our crap!" discounts from Ford it isn't much of a price leap to go to the 350. I was just hoping to get back into Jeeping with my kids while they were still little.
I suspect more dash colour options will become available within the next year.

And I'm sure the aftermarket will provide a fix.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Actually, the post says Silverton, not Silverthorne. Silverton is an old mining town just off US 550 in southwest Colorado. It is near the famous Alpine Loop off-roading area. Silverthorne is off I-70, just west of the Eisenhower tunnel. Silverton is quite a bit more scenic than Silverthorne.

On the same subject, does anyone know if any of the publicity photos and videos were shot along CO 82 near Independence Pass, Colorado? Many of those scenes remind me of that area, but it is hard to be sure.

But the spy photos of the black rubicon in the outlet mall parking lot were in Dillion/Silverthorne. Just speculating here but they may have been testing on HWY 6. I know I see all sorts of new models (not just Jeeps) testing and shooting commercials on Loveland Pass.

Sponsored

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
But the spy photos of the black rubicon in the outlet mall parking lot were in Dillion/Silverthorne. Just speculating here but they may have been testing on HWY 6. I know I see all sorts of new models (not just Jeeps) testing and shooting commercials on Loveland Pass.
I'll bet you're right, so maybe it was both Silverton and Silverthorne! I had sort of forgotten about Loveland Pass, since I don't go that way often. It is pretty scenic, and parts of it remind me of Independence Pass.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
MY observations from the show. I went up early they only had the yellow rubicon 4dr the white sport 2dr the red rubi 2 dr and the 4 dr Sahara.The mojito was gone. I talked to one of the guys an he said he drove it off the floor last night. The Sahara was the only one you could sit in. Which I did a lot ,
First impression: These new jeeps are absolutely gorgeous. None of the pictures on this site do them justice.
Yellow is hot and it doesn't really translate well in photos. If you like the photos you will love the the true yellow. & with the red dash looks very good. The dash isn't exactly red more of a bit of polished rust color.... Poor description for something that looks great.

Set up with stock 34 tire and the black wheels on the Jeep The yellow 4 dr looks like a jku with a well done lift and larger tires. The feeling is very muscular. and level. You hardly notice the different grill. the body color fender look very good. the turn signal look much better in person.
They can fit 35 easy the white 2 door has 35s
The dash is great. The gps in the dash has dirt roads! The jeep the had a 7 inch screen. I looked up some places like forest road so and so, in the Inyo mtns east of Independence Ca and you could follow it all the way to papoose flats.
The FCA reps know less than we do.
The Sahara leather seats and I assume the rubicon's were very comfortable.
The steering wheel tilts and adjusts in and out. The whole adjustment mechanism is covered with a leather boot like on a shifter.
The wheels on the yellow rubicon are in fact black and to me they look great.
the steel bumper feel good and solid .
I spent probably 2-3 hours going over them. sitting in them. before I hit the rest of the show,
many of the cars I sat in had nothing on the jeep interior, I mean some really nice stuff. The toyotas chevies and ford s look awful by comaprsion very dated even in the raptor.
all in all well done . the balck seats are cool looking and the red dash is nice. Much better than I thought it would be.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
MY observations from the show. I went up early they only had the yellow rubicon 4dr the white sport 2dr the red rubi 2 dr and the 4 dr Sahara.The mojito was gone. I talked to one of the guys an he said he drove it off the floor last night. The Sahara was the only one you could sit in. Which I did a lot ,
First impression: These new jeeps are absolutely gorgeous. None of the pictures on this site do them justice.
Yellow is hot and it doesn't really translate well in photos. If you like the photos you will love the the true yellow. & with the red dash looks very good. The dash isn't exactly red more of a bit of polished rust color.... Poor description for something that looks great.

Set up with stock 34 tire and the black wheels on the Jeep The yellow 4 dr looks like a jku with a well done lift and larger tires. The feeling is very muscular. and level. You hardly notice the different grill. the body color fender look very good. the turn signal look much better in person.
The dash is great. The gps in the dash has dirt roads! The jeep the had a 7 inch screen. I looked up some places like forest road so and so, in the Inyo mtns east of Independence Ca and you could follow it all the way to papoose flats.
The steering wheel tilts and adjusts in and out. The whole adjustment mechanism is covered with a leather boot like on a shifter.
I spent probably 2-3 hours going over them. sitting in them. before I hit the rest of the show,
many of the cars I sat in had nothing on the jeep interior, I mean some really nice stuff. The toyotas chevies and ford s look awful by comaprsion very dated even in the raptor.
all in all well done . the balck seats are cool looking and the red dash is nice. Much better than I thought it would be.
Thanks for your perspectives.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

Thanks. Did you notice the new door checks? Do the doors feel different when opening and closing? They appear to have two position stops now. Also wonder if the tailgate now has a factory stop position.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Also wonder if the tailgate now has a factory stop position.
JK tailgate has a stop/detent/hold at full extension, just nothing in between. Not sure the benefit of a mid stop there though.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Jay,

Did anyone ask about the CB pre-wire? I am assuming it is not a reality since I haven't seen anything post-reveal discussing it.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Yes the doers feel like an ordinary door on any truck they stop at about 70 % and then at full open the pull is smooth not jerky

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for the recon!
Sponsored