Sponsored

JLWF's Live Coverage of JL Wrangler Reveal: Photos, Videos, Info and Q&A

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Where is the picture of the black dash
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So did they an area set up where you ride in one on their obstacle course

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Lots of conflicting info: axles, fenders, dashboards but who ever manufactures it will fiddle with it until production ends.
I'm afraid the future for this type of vehicle is limited.

BUT, in the mean time I want to date a JL and marry a JLU.

Sponsored

JeepN3RD

First Name
Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2a, 2019 JLU Sport S
I would be interested in asking more about the power top and their thoughts on the rear hatch? With doors off, side windows out, top slid back, that seems like a lot of air blowing through against that hatch? Does it stay down, or is it removable too? Or you flip it up, but not sure I have ever seen that recommended for highway speeds?

Just a big thx too for being there onsite, getting the nitty gritty details. I watched live and then was one of the folks pinging the site last evening like crazy as you posted up more pictures and videos.

Sammy

WebDevDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Good news on the half doors - at least for me - 'cuz that means I don't have to trade in my JKU! Now if only someone would make hard slider uppers. The retrofits are nice, but they're finicky.

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Jay, can you confirm if the Rubicon red dash is metal or plastic? I thought I heard the interior video guys say it was anodized but he was using a lot of design-speak lingo.....

I personally like the red dash (which to me harkens back to CJ's) with certain exterior colors (black, red, granite) but I don't understand why they are sticking a red dash on yellow and green jeeps. It's seems like they will change this over time and give customers more choice.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Jay,

Heading to LA auto show on Sunday morning in particular to see colors, can you let me know IF they'll have multiple colors on the floor or at least decent sized samples to get an idea? I'm down to that as my last decision on ordering likely next week.

I think you've shown at least three in your recent pictures (thanks for that).

Wanderer - let me know if you go up before then!

Thanks all.

Sponsored

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
Man... seems like a lot of snowflake type whining, bitching and complaining here...
As far as I'm concerned Jeep hit it out of the ballpark with this redesign. Compared to last year when most were worried that an open air Wrangler might be a thing of the past? I'm loving this....!
The JL has instantly turned the JK into an antique... in every way. For me, the best news of all is a new 6spd! The current manual is nothing but a boat anchor...
Coming up we have a diesel along with a Wrangler truck to look forward to? No complaints or nitpicking from me... all is good.
Thanks Jeep.... great job!

Well said SeaJay.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jay,

Heading to LA auto show on Sunday morning in particular to see colors, can you let me know IF they'll have multiple colors on the floor or at least decent sized samples to get an idea? I'm down to that as my last decision on ordering likely next week.

I think you've shown at least three in your recent pictures (thanks for that).

Wanderer - let me know if you go up before then!

Thanks all.
The colors they’ve rolled out so far should be what’s there on public days as well - Granite Crystal, Firecracker Red, Hella Yella, Mojito! and White.

Enjoy the show! You’ll love the JL in person. :involve:

LouNYC

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that Jeep killed it with the Sahara!! The interior look great (especially the vinyl dash). I was hoping to see the darker heritage interior. The upgraded wheels are very nice as well. There will decisions to be made when it's time to order as far as tops go. Overall, I am very pleased with all the news. (NEED PRICING!!!)

If I was getting was getting the Rubicon, would be upset about the dash and seating combos. That yellow Rubi with red dash looked awful. Looked like a McDonalds ad. The Rubi customers should have the option on dash colors.

nel1551

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2017 Subaru Forester
There was not a whole lot of time for Q&A but we picked up some tidbits (these will be added to third post):
  • Pricing will be announced by end of the year.
  • 2-door ordering begins February.
  • Half doors will be available 2019. They do not come with uppers.
  • Power sliding top will be available early 2018.
  • Color seen at show is Hella Yella and green color is Mojito! Both will be available starting March.
  • Highline fenders are standard on all U.S. Rubicon. They are 2 inches higher than standard fenders.
  • 35’s fit the Rubicon without a lift and are package protected - axles can handle it, computers will compensate.
  • “New” D35 axle is stronger than previous D35 with thicker tubing and stronger end forgings.
  • Manual transmission is by Aisin - model D478
  • Red and silver dash trims on Rubicons are dictated by the interior color selected. Black interior gets red dash and tan interior gets black dash. Sahara gets silver dash or leatherette dash. Sport gets black dash.
So rare to see a 2018 vehicle actually coming out in 2018. I was hoping to at least get some price details so I'm not ordering completely blind without knowing what I would be spending.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I LOVE the red dash and the red contrast stitching on the Rubicon... On the black or red Rubi...

Might have to scrap the Punk'n Metallic and get my 2nd black Jeep.
Sponsored