Sponsored

JLWF's Live Coverage of JL Wrangler Reveal: Photos, Videos, Info and Q&A

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
5. Is there a rule of thumb while offroading with the top off to keep the interior clean (i.e. staying out of water > x inches)?
Run the AC on high to let the cabin filter do it's job...
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Run the AC on high to let the cabin filter do it's job...
Just beware that kills power a bit, and can raise engine temps especially when slow moving while giving the engine a workout.

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Does the 2dr JL passenger seat slide forward and tilt up like the old TJ? the JK 2dr passenger seat only slides up a little bit and doesnt tilt up

Also any idea of what sting gray looks like?

SwissHigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imminent Rubicon
Soft top doesn’t fold completely below the beltline. I sits just slightly above/below it.

Taking it ‘off’ or just taking it down? Full removal is much longer than just lowering it, but there are some improvements to speed up the process. Likely still more than 5 mins for one person.
Does the red Rubicon in the production photos in Colorado have the top "down" or "off"? Is it fully removed or just not visible? If it is fully removed, does it safely fit in the trunk?

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the red Rubicon in the production photos in Colorado have the top "down" or "off"? Is it fully removed or just not visible? If it is fully removed, does it safely fit in the trunk?

You cannot store the soft-top and maintain any interior space, as it will lay awkwardly among the other interior components you have there. There is no ‘trunk’, there is only a small space behind the rear seats or the space that remains when removing the rear seats. even then the top lasys awkwardly in that space, which is why most of us drive with it lowered, not off.

Depends on the NZ photo in question, but many are with the top completely removed.

Sponsored

SwissHigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imminent Rubicon
You cannot store the soft-top and maintain any interior space, as it will lay awkwardly among the other interior components you have there. There is no ‘trunk’, there is only a small space behind the rear seats or the space that remains when removing the rear seats. even then the top lasys awkwardly in that space, which is why most of us drive with it lowered, not off.

Depends on the NZ photo in question, but many are with the top completely removed.
That's too bad. I'm guessing the top is removed in all these pics. I also guess they haven't shown one 2dr with the top lowered either?

With the top lowered, do the windows fit in the back? Is there no room for passengers?

2018-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-13-1.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-19-1.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-30-1.jpg

2018-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-36-1.jpg

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I too prefer a black dash, however the red with billet silver will look good too.

Don't want to burst your bubble but the Rubicon on page 4 of the brochure says High Clearance Fender Flares (what we have called hi-line) are standard yet the picture shows the Rubicon without the hi-line flares. Also when you click on Explore on Jeep.com the first image is a red wrangler, also without the hi-line flares.

I know it's early, but Jeep needs to get it together when it comes to the marketing materials.

Swapping it out can't be that hard.
No bubble bursted here. I dont take too much stock in "stock" photos. Hi-line, regular, wont matter to me as I dont like the color match flares anyway. I'll be changing them out with aftermarket. I've had several wranglers over the years and have yet to keep one stock.

In time I'm sure Jeep will "get it together", we hope lol

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR Mojito!
It seems to me that this Mojito! Rubicon has a silver dash though...

Dash.jpg
Modified with Katzkin leather seat covers. One of the ways to avoid the red dash if it is standard. Order heritage tan interior and get dark seat covers or Katzkins..

Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Another shot of the power sliding top with window panel removed, as well as the Sahara rear axle.

A33A8436.jpg
A33A8434.jpg

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Another shot of the power sliding top with window panel removed, as well as the Sahara rear axle.

A33A8436.jpg
A33A8434.jpg
Is that the true color of the Granite? Seems lighter than in other images I have seen.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...the Sahara rear axle.
A33A8434.jpg
So, the number in the centre doesn’t necessarily denote size, so there goes the D44 theory from the other page. This one starting with 35x for D35 makes sense, but the other was 226 for a D44, so...?

Also still a 12-bolt D35 with both using Advantek platforms.

So unnecessarily confusing. :computerrage:

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is that the true color of the Granite? Seems lighter than in other images I have seen.
The show lights were bright and the photo is a bit overexposed. It is darker than that in real life.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
The show lights were bright and the photo is a bit overexposed. It is darker than that in real life.
Thanks Jay....good to know.
Sponsored