Sponsored

JLWF will report 2018 Wrangler JL reveal live from LA! What do you want to see?

Uptonogood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Manley stated this a few months ago when talking about the upcoming JL.

“You’ll be really surprised how far we’ve been able to move things in terms of capability, fuel economy, ride comfort, noise and all of those things. I’m very pleased with where it is.”

Would be great to better understand how far they have really come. Especially with wind noise.
I'm looking forward to finding out about this too. The photos from the New Zealand press drive seems like it was all up in the mountains but I hope they got some regular road time too so we can hear about these more every day aspects such as ride comfort and noise.
Sponsored

zznalg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S manual
Manley stated this a few months ago when talking about the upcoming JL.

“You’ll be really surprised how far we’ve been able to move things in terms of capability, fuel economy, ride comfort, noise and all of those things. I’m very pleased with where it is.”

Would be great to better understand how far they have really come. Especially with wind noise.
Agreed!

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
How far can rear-seat passengers lean forward before hitting their foreheads on the speakers behind the front seats?

Sponsored

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Can I add one more to your very extensive list!

If there are both Sahara and Rubicon models on display (I am still undecided on which to buy). A pic from directly behind both showing how far the wheels sit in the fenders. Looking to see how far the wheels are inset. The current Sahara wheels are a little to far in imho.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
If this is not part of the reveal, how bout having them explain this....

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-hybrid-hard-soft-top1.jpg

maxbrownr8

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' TJ
Does anyone know if there be any JL's on the floor when they open the show up to the public from the 1st to the 10th? I don't have work on that Friday and I'm planning on driving up to the show with some buddies.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does anyone know if there be any JL's on the floor when they open the show up to the public from the 1st to the 10th? I don't have work on that Friday and I'm planning on driving up to the show with some buddies.
Yes there’s sure to be. The ones you see during the reveal on Wednesday should be the same models on the show floor during public days.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What dictates the color of the dash?
Are 4.10s the default gears on a JLUR wth 3.6L and auto? If not, is it an ordering option?
Are half doors going to be an option?
Hi-line fenders. Do they come default on a JLUR? Is it an ordering option?

merog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat GTE
That possibility and limitations does the AUX switches on the dash have?
Where is the connections point(s)?
Is there any designed passthrough for wires harnesses in the firewall and other places?
Is there extra available fuse positions for after market accessories?
Basically how easy have FCA made the job to install aftermarket products?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
That possibility and limitations does the AUX switches on the dash have?
Where is the connections point(s)?
Is there any designed passthrough for wires harnesses in the firewall and other places?
Is there extra available fuse positions for after market accessories?
Basically how easy have FCA made the job to install aftermarket products?
This is pure speculation, but I think they'll have the fuse box under the hood set up to make the connection to the auxillary switches so that you don't have to run anything through the firewall. Unless the rumored CB pre-wiring exists, which I don't think it does, I'll still have to run the antenna cable through the firewall if I do a mount off the side of the hood, which is the optimum location. Everything else should be able to connect to those switches at the underhood box.

We'll know on Wednesday!

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
This is pure speculation, but I think they'll have the fuse box under the hood set up to make the connection to the auxillary switches so that you don't have to run anything through the firewall. Unless the rumored CB pre-wiring exists, which I don't think it does, I'll still have to run the antenna cable through the firewall if I do a mount off the side of the hood, which is the optimum location. Everything else should be able to connect to those switches at the underhood box.

We'll know on Wednesday!
The leaked manual has the details on pages 170-171. The wires are in the passenger side panel and the main fuse box has the connections. According to the fuse descriptions on pages 389-391, F50 and F72 are 10 amp circuits with F93 and F92 set as 40 amp circuits on Aux switches #1 and #2. The only thing I don't like about this arrangement is that you seem to have to order the tow package to get the Aux switches. However, it seems to include a bigger battery and alternator so that is mostly good. One caveat - looking at the sketch in the manual, those wires look pretty small to carry a 40 amp load.
Sponsored