Sponsored

JLWF will report 2018 Wrangler JL reveal live from LA! What do you want to see?

Gavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: Subaru Forester, Toyota Prado, soon JL Wrangler?
“I'd like to know about driver's seat comfort and driving position. The JK has some room for improvement in those areas. Also, is there more room for the driver's right knee (on left-drive versions)?”

Ditto for RHD - the difference between the driving position of the right hand drive will be most NB consideration between JK and JL for me in South Africa (along with price differences)
Sponsored

Yoodie

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 JLUR Mojito!
This is pure speculation, but I think they'll have the fuse box under the hood set up to make the connection to the auxillary switches so that you don't have to run anything through the firewall. Unless the rumored CB pre-wiring exists, which I don't think it does, I'll still have to run the antenna cable through the firewall if I do a mount off the side of the hood, which is the optimum location. Everything else should be able to connect to those switches at the underhood box.

We'll know on Wednesday!
Either interior or engine compartment.

F5B6DAC0-9790-48BF-B0C2-ECDFE423CEEE.jpeg

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The leaked manual has the details on pages 170-171. The wires are in the passenger side panel and the main fuse box has the connections. According to the fuse descriptions on pages 389-391, F50 and F72 are 10 amp circuits with F93 and F92 set as 40 amp circuits on Aux switches #1 and #2. The only thing I don't like about this arrangement is that you seem to have to order the tow package to get the Aux switches. However, it seems to include a bigger battery and alternator so that is mostly good. One caveat - looking at the sketch in the manual, those wires look pretty small to carry a 40 amp load.

Maybe I'm off the mark here, but those wires shouldn't be carrying anywhere near a 40 amp load. If the connections are in the engine compartment, then all those wires and the aux switches are doing is activating a relay or a solid state device. All the load is going to be from that box to the installed component. Kind of like an sPod...

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting that! I guess it answers my questions about CB wiring! Man, they really put some thought into this JL, it appears!

Sponsored

Rinkydink56

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB
lacc-la-auto-show-sunset.jpg

We're happy to announce that we will be attending and covering next Wednesday's (Nov 29) debut of the JL Wrangler at the LA Auto Show! :rock:

We'll be armed with our cameras and will be posting live photos right from the show so let us know if there's any particular details you'd like to see. We'll also have our tape measure handy for any measurements you guys/gals want to know, so post your requests below.

Be sure to tune in to JLWF starting about noon (Pacific Time) next Wednesday. The Jeep press conference starts at 12:50 PM. :party:
When can we order them?
What size tires can we get? 31's are probably standard. Can we get 32's or 33's? And, would we need a lift for that?
Someone mentioned the color options for the dash.
Close in pictures of the dash.
See what the mechanics are for folding down the windshield.

SoCalRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'll be in LA on Wednesday, is this event open to the public?

The actual show doesn't open until Friday.

How can I attend this reveal event?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
HEY! That thing got a Hemi in it?!

Please ask that over and over and over...

f680730253b00867bfe5d796150f5a14.jpg

Not that I want one (I want the diesel in case it's gone unnoticed) but if I was there I'd do my best to annoy the crap out of FCA reps with the question.

Maybe in character; "HEY! That thing got a diesel in it?!"

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be in LA on Wednesday, is this event open to the public?

The actual show doesn't open until Friday.

How can I attend this reveal event?
Go to the Auto show website and get your answers. Or take on the challenge to sneak in to the reveal. :rock: :bandit:

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
When can we order them?
What size tires can we get? 31's are probably standard. Can we get 32's or 33's? And, would we need a lift for that?
Someone mentioned the color options for the dash.
Close in pictures of the dash.
See what the mechanics are for folding down the windshield.
People have already ordered. Other than the dash color options all your questions have been answered multiple times.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase