Sponsored

JLWF will report 2018 Wrangler JL reveal live from LA! What do you want to see?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I’m curious to see how sturdy the new doors and door handles are. I preferred the JK’s fixed handles with the button because they were solid, and the button provided a pretty satisfying click when opening. Door/door handle quality is usually a gauge for the rest of the vehicle’s sturdiness.
I have 2 friends with WK2s, and I can assure you the doors and exterior handles have a very solid feeling to them. I'm really looking forward to the keyless entry and pushbutton start!
Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
I just hope that the Sport can be optioned up to include the LED lights, bigger tires, steel bumpers etc.
At an "ala-cart" price that exceeds the Rubicon package price?

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
In addition to the reveal tomorrow what I would like is that the jeep .com and .ca websites is fully updated with all JL models, all options, all specs and a sweet little build and price tool. :please:
Builder to include ALL MOPAR after market parts. Beadlocks, roof racks.... I want it all!

Sponsored

SoCalRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
In addition to the reveal tomorrow what I would like is that the jeep .com and .ca websites is fully updated with all JL models, all options, all specs and a sweet little build and price tool. :please:
That won't happen until they hit the dealer's lots. That's always been Jeep/FCA's modus operandi.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Will the new JLs alos be at he San Diego auto show in between christmas and new years?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Will the new JLs alos be at he San Diego auto show in between christmas and new years?
Indianapolis has one, too. I'll go if they are there.

Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
You’d be surprised how many cool things you can spot at/outside of auto shows. I’ve seen a facelifted Grand Cherokee before it was revealed just casually parked outside by the Jeep obstacle course at NYIAS. I also spotted a Dodge Demon parked outside of the Javitts Center shortly after it was revealed. Keep eyes peeled!

F0DCEA9D-08B8-4FC1-9438-0BEB5651D69B.jpeg

Hercanstein

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 Extra Cab, 2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2014 Kawasaki Brute Force 300, 2011 Yamaha TW200, 1987 Honda Fatcat
A definitive answer as to whether the diesel will come with a manual trans or not. Also, whether or not the diesel will be an option for the 2 door JL.
+1

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
OK, now that the Specs have been released, more than ever I want to know;

• WTF is with the Transmissions (Who makes the D478 MT? Torque limit on MT [assume 478NM] ? Why they [FCA] chose the lesser ZF8 ratios [taller 1st gear/lower crawl ratio , plus shorter spread] for the 850RE in the JL? Especially considering the massive 1st gear ratio of the MT)

• MP3022 SelecTrac has 2WD, 4Auto, 4PT Hi, 4PT Lo. This is a new implementation of the MP3022 adding 4PT Hi unlike that in the Liberty and Durango, any elaboration on the implementation? Is it a 42/58 split like the Liberty?

• Details on the return of the ‘NEW’ D35 axle, and the updated D44 axle with AdvanTek tweaks.

• Would love to see a torque curve for the 2.0L, the low RPM limit and the relatively high number for the max torque has me curious about the delivery. BSG contribution to the power numbers?

That’s in addition to the prior list.

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Lots of good questions here! I am curious and would like to know more about the powered/automatic top/top's!?