Sponsored

JLWF + TFLcar Live Interactive Show Coming Thurs. Dec. 21. Submit your requests/questions!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Mostly they're rehashing the same topics from last time, plus a few measurements.

Update: actually that's unfair. The side-by-side with the JK has been instructive, more examination of the engine differences, e.g.
Sponsored

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I'd like to know how much the wiper motor protrudes into the rear area. when it was up high you did not have to worry about it hitting gear bags refrigerators etc. now that it is down low, I'm wearing it's going to hit stuff and damage the housing for the motor

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Really appreciate all parties involved setting this up, it's great, and thank you! If there is any chance of a part 3 (and I know this is a bit of a stretch to ask, but I'm gonna!) Would it be possible to get an unmodified 4 door JKU (Sahara would be great to keep it even, but any unmodified 4 door works) to compare against?

Things to compare:
Measure leg room in both back seats
Measure back seat head room between someone's dome and the speaker bar in both
Brakes....no need to rip wheels off, just based on looking/measuring through the gaps in the rims...larger?
Race em so to speak, stock JKU vs stock JLU....which one is quicker off the line? 0-60?...braking, 30-0/60-0

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I missed that....well poop

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Interesting to see the headlight doesn't seem larger when measured. Will be curious to see what the actual distinction is.
Same here. I ordered a Sport S which LED is not available. I sure hope the 7'' measurement is true which means all those JK LEDs might be compatible with JL.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

They posted their head to head with BMW, Hummer and Jeep at the track for a drag race. Check it out.
Sponsored