Sponsored

JLWF + TFLcar Live Interactive Show Coming Thurs. Dec. 21. Submit your requests/questions!

JL's JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2018 JL
Been watching. This is much more fun and useful than watching a pre recorded video. Great job JLWF and TFL! :clap:
Sponsored

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
JL Wrangler Forums ROCKS and an Extra Thanks to jay !! And Thank you TFLCar guys !! Great Video !!

I have a simple question about the Nav/Infotainment......Can you still sync your smartphone with the System via Bluetooth like I do in my JKU ? I would like to be able to still stream music and make hands free calls, without having to plug in and use the Apple Car Play/Android Auto. I also use my phone for Navigation (with Google Maps) and the voice prompts come over the System....No plug in needed.....

I'd also be interested in how good the U Connect Infotainment System's Maps/Navigation is.... I know Google Maps are good, but I'm hoping for some of the trail maps and a GREAT Nav System built in the Unit itself....

Someone may be able to answer this prior to the next LIVE Broadcast.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
JL Wrangler Forums ROCKS and an Extra Thanks to jay !! And Thank you TFLCar guys !! Great Video !!

I have a simple question about the Nav/Infotainment......Can you still sync your smartphone with the System via Bluetooth like I do in my JKU ? I would like to be able to still stream music and make hands free calls, without having to plug in and use the Apple Car Play/Android Auto. I also use my phone for Navigation (with Google Maps) and the voice prompts come over the System....No plug in needed.....
I haven't used the JL/FCAs uconnect but I'm assuming its the same, you can use bluetooth to stream music you just won't have android/apple apps unless your phone is plugged in, meaning you'll control Spotify/whatever from your phone and not the screen. Also not all apps are android auto compatible. There were some quirks on the 2015 Colorado I used that had Android Apps so sometimes I'd just leave it on bluetooth and stream music. When it worked flawlessly Android Auto was awesome, though. Won't buy a car without it.

Not sure on the others questions.

Android auto compatible; https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3001303_android_auto_all?hl=en

IOS (bottom); https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

edit: Evidently a lot more apps can be used than these in Android Auto, I thought my pocketcast podcast app couldn't be but it says on their site I just have to click Audio a couple of times until it pops up. So maybe a lot more support it than I thought or are listed.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
Swozey,

Thanks for the feedback ! I agree that it would be my default. I was in Montana in September and rented a Tahoe that had Apple Car Play and there were some glitches.... As long as I can still connect by Bluetooth (which I assumed I would be able to), I', happy. I hear people like the Apple Car Play/Android Auto.....just haven't had a chance to mess around with it....

Anyone have any info on the Nav Maps that will come with the U Connect System ? or the quality of the Navigation tech ?

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
That was a great watch. Thanks for putting it together.

AZJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
A big thank you to both JLW forum and TFL, looking forward to part two next week.

Jim

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
In part 2 (if there is one) can you please show the Sahara with the sliding top with the doors and rear windows removed so we can see the open air profile of the Jeep, please.

Thanks

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Thanks TFL for answering my questions! No vented seats and no news of diesel two door. :(

Sponsored

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Utility Trailer
Here's a Shout Out to TFL cars! Well done and considering the restraints placed on you, either through self discipline, or factory constraints, handled well. Know you're appreciated. And yes, know that we still have questions.

Be Good, and Merry Christmas to you, staff and family.

Let's hear it for TFL cars helping all of us to know more about these JL's.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I have to say, that video didn't really show me anything I didn't already know, but that's by no means a dig at TFL. Their coverage has been excellent. It's a testament to how great JLWF has been in providing all these details over the past several months.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Thanks all for the Kind words and great questions. Hope this has been of some interest to you guys, and hope to see you again soon.

Happy Jeeping!
You guys were great. Keep up the good work!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Thank you TFL for doing a video and answering our questions, and thank you even more for doing a second video on the JL Wrangler Sahara. I have enjoyed your coverage and feel like you all have had the best coverage on youtube before your Q/A videos.

I do have a question that wasn't answered in the first video, and I probably won't be able to tune in during the live stream time for the second video.

Does your Sahara have a dual battery setup? It sounds like jeep needed one for the start/stop pentistar engine. Also, could you all look around the engine compartment of your Sahara so that we can see some of that is going on under the hood?

I look forward to watching your next video.
Sponsored