Sponsored

JLWF + TFLcar Live Interactive Show Coming Thurs. Dec. 21. Submit your requests/questions!

BigCoffinHunter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08' Charger, 14' Trek Xcal 6
1. Can you show us how a golf bag w/ clubs fits in the rear storage area of the JLU.
2. Can you give me a dimension from the tip of the front bumper to the back of the mounted spare (Total overall length).
3. How do freedom panels fit and store into the rear storage area of a JLU.
Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW Jetta
Occupation
Leak Detective
I remember on the video from the L.A. Auto show that focused on the Mojito JLUR, hearing someone say that some of the Mopar aftermarket parts would be factory installed. Do we know which ones are installed at the factory and which are dealer only?

Also, does the vehicle alarm work at all with the doors off? Is there any sort of surround plastic to remove when the soft top/doors are removed in the 4 door? (My prior jeep was a 2000 sport so I have no experience with the 4 doors.)

I'd like to second the question of how hard it is to remove the dash bolsters, and add to it the question of whether Mopar will offer replacement bolsters in any other colors, like the silver that comes with the tan leather seats.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are the dash panels easily removeable? Based on material are they paintable? (talking about the panels on driver and passenger side that are red for Rubicons)

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
People have asked about the dimensions of the storage area in the cargo floor.

Dude's Jeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Occupation
I deliver spirits in the Rocky Mtns!
Curious if TFLCar knows the following:
-Why is the gas tank smaller? The shorter wheelbase cannot accommodate the larger tank
-Install 35" tires on OEM Rubicon confirmed? Yes
-Can stock rear gate hold a 35" without upgrading? Yes, it is built to accommodate a larger tire, and the third brake light even adjusts for a larger tire.

If cannot answer those then:
-How is the JL road manners? Much improved
-How is the new instrument cluster? Intuitive or confusing?
-Infotainment system impressions.
-Cabin noise level any different? Notice the noise cancelling at all?
I got this information in the multitude of videos I watched. Not from experience obviously. Anyone who spoke about the infotainment system loved it for it's ease of use. YMMV

Sponsored

Gobicon

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Pictures of the half doors from the inside, along with the windows inserted in the half doors. How is the 'hole' addressed, covered?

Firemedicsparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can you show the JL with all doors and rear windows off and the Power Top open? Much appreciated!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Detailed pictures of front and rear axles.

In particular the front axle disconnect housing that should be located on the front axle tube passenger side.

HRP

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon & 2018 JLUR
When will the remaining 5 colors be released......or at least a true color rendering so I don't have to wait on ordering if I'm not pleased with the color.
Mostly interested in the Ocean Blue Metallic.....

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Two questions for me:

1. Can you please show the rear seat recline?
2. Does the active noise cancellation make a big difference in cabin noise? Maybe get db readings in the cab at highway speed with the ANC on and off...

Thanks!

Sponsored

JeepN3RD

First Name
Sammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2a, 2019 JLU Sport S
With the power top back, side windows out (and doors off), what do you do with the rear hatch? Does this create an odd wind pattern, or could it be opened and left that way so all the air blows through the Wrangler without any ‘blockages?’

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
On the alpine radio I was told it will connect directly to my iPhone / iPad
Can they demonstrate this?
Will the radio be able to access apps on my iPad? Such as my offline mapping system I use?
What and how does the new maps work? How many locations can it hold compared to the JK
With the alpine radio can you do off line mapping and have it connect and download from your iPad. I know this is a general question, sorry.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
1. Is there a difference between JLU Sahara & JLU Rubicon On road in terms of suspension comfort, and feel of excel ratios and shifting speed?
Does Rubicon have a more rigid stiffer feel/ ride on road when compared to Sahara, or they are both identical on road/off road in terms of comfort and bumps?
2.Any difference in feel between the JLU 2.0 L engine and the 3.6 in terms of acceleration ,torque and power? or just minor differences? just trying to see if it worth waiting for the 2.0 L or not.

Thanks

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
How do you compare the interior cabin sound with the automatic rooftop on the highway for JLU? which one is more quieter?? does the automatic proof top give the same feel as with the full top down?

Thanks

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
What is the door threshold height of the stock JL Rubicon compared to the JK Rubicon? My 5'4" wife and my 93 year old dad would like to know.
Sponsored