Sponsored

JLWF + TFLcar Live Interactive Show Coming Thurs. Dec. 21. Submit your requests/questions!

cyberdan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK wranger
Please comment on driving with the power top open (fully or partially) at highway speeds. Does the top itself contribute to the noise level? Is there buffeting that is annoying? How much flutter is there of the canvas?
Thanks very much!
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Will this new JL Wrangler make my girlfriend less crazy? Additionally, can it take care of my outstanding tax bill? Dilly Dilly! Sorry, just got caught up in it all.
Dilly dilly!

Bonzy

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Jeep Jl
Can you demo taking the hard top off- all 3 pieces. It’s said to be 20% lighter. Would love to see how easy it is.
Thanks!!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Can we do 33" tires on Sahara/Sport without a lift?

Sponsored

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
(To ask the questions we don't know to ask.)
After their hands-on experience:
What surprised them most about the JL?
What were they most impressed with?
What were they most disappointed with?
What new/changed feature is going to drive JL owners crazy?

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
-I've read that the Rubicon can go straight to 35" tires, but am confused as to what has to be done in order to do this with the Sahara or Sport.
-Thoughts on where to mount additional radio gear such as CB and VHF/UHF plus any insight on aftermarket antenna mounts such as on the spare carrier.
-location of fuse panel and best places to tap into 12v power for extra gear.
-is the 110v adaptor available on Sport/S

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Initial reactions and impressions of spacing and comfort in the backseat as compared to the JK. Does the extra legroom and greater recline angle add that much more comfort? Or will passengers still be complaining over long car rides?

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
SAHARA QUESTIONS
-How does the Sahara rear axle compare to a JK Sahara rear 44? Strictly talking strength wise
-How hard is it to remove the power top given Jeeps "recommendations against it"
-In your recent video released 12/18 you had the Sahara in MOAB. What engine did you have? It seemed like it took you quite a bit of pedal to get movement up the large 'slick' rock face. How would you compare this against a JK (you said you had one there in the video) did it seem any more or less "stressful" on the Jeeps engine or components, or was this just simply you being extra cautious with the new toy!?!?
-BRAKES! Size comparison of the overall measurement between JL and JK calipers/rotors....are 16" rims going to be an issue?....can we fit 15s?!
-Can you remove the rear window panels, doors, and retract the top to give us a good look at the "naked" power top look? (and glass rear window assuming it comes off)

RUBICON QUESTIONS (since you drove one at the AZ demo)
-When wheeling comparing it to a JK, did the flat hood, and raised fenders give you any less visibility?...not a big concern, just curiosity
-When you had the JKU Rubi and JLU Rubi side by side, what was your general impression in person, seem a lot larger? Clearance comparison?
-DID YOU SEE A CLOTH SEAT RUBICON AND IF SO WHAT WAS THE DASH COLOR AND STITCHING COLOR?! :cwl:

ENGINE PREFERENCE
-you drove them, did you prefer the 2.0 or the standard 3.6 more? Did you like one better on road than off road / vice versa?

GENERAL
-Can you give us a good video demo of the 8" screen, of how fast and responsive it is...crank up those alpines let us hear em! Comparison to the JK audio system?

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I want to know when the satin black wheels will be available, my order depends on it!

Sponsored

mlong003

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
1. Driver and rear passenger seat head/leg room
2. Driver side soft touch material at window line?
3. Full cargo space with seats flat and 60/40 split
4. ESS demo
5. Infotainment/Car Play demo
6. General on road performance compared to JK: Handling, suspension, speed/torque, wind noise

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I want to also know like a couple people about the axles.
How much stronger are they compared to outgoing jk rubicon and recon

gotbru

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler JKURHR
With the Hard top... Can the back side windows be removed on all hard top variations? Or is that only an option with the power slide hard top? What happens with the back window? Can that also be removed?

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I want to also know like a couple people about the axles.
How much stronger are they compared to outgoing jk rubicon and recon
I will 2nd and 3rd this question and can the new Rubicon axles handle 35’s getting beat on bouncing over rocks.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
With the Hard top... Can the back side windows be removed on all hard top variations? Or is that only an option with the power slide hard top? What happens with the back window? Can that also be removed?
I saw the standard hard top at the DFW show. Back side windows are not removable.
Sponsored