Sponsored

JLWF + TFLcar Live Interactive Show Coming Thurs. Dec. 21. Submit your requests/questions!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Good combo of sources. Unfortunately they only have the 3.6L Sahara for their trip back as seen in their excursion to MOAB, but feedback of their experiences/knowledge would be good.

My Asks;

• Possibly show the “view at speed” feature of the Parkview camera while driving to see how long it remains active. Would like this rearview feature for cloudy rear plastic soft top windows. Their Sahara I think needs the 8.4” Uconnect to test.
  • Possible to test JK(U) LED light pattern vs JL(U) side by side? (If/as Tommy’s doesn’t have LEDs IIRC, could borrow JK from dealership that does?)
  • Show Off-Road Pages in action, including use in 7” Instrument Cluster?
  • When using the BSG frequently for obstacles in an off-road scenario, does it run out of juice and operate engine only? Timeframe of efficacy?
  • Test addtion of Hood trigger to Alarm system by simply unlocking hood and opening it and seeing what happens (suggest wearing ear protection just in case).
  • Test 0-60 of their JLU Sahara 3.6 8spd 3.45 axle vs 2018 (or earlier) JKU Sahara 3.6 5spd 3.73 seeing whether the impact of the 8spd can overcome the penalty of the 3.45 axle. Both are at altitude so unlike 2.0 both affected equally. Similar to their 2012 test with one in front of the other would be interesting, although Rubi vs Rubi would’ve been very interesting to show improved 3.6 and improved 8spd.
Edit: Also not sure if it was a SelecTrac version of the Sahara or not (early power top so early ST?) but if they have ST-II, test it with articulation, and how well it acts as a 4WD for reacting to traction loss, etc.

For reference, the Parkview feature. in question;

2C839FCE-7C70-4E67-A1B1-605F9B48E7F5.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Not sure everyone is getting the point. They have a Sahara with power top. Ask them questions that can be answered by showing video of and looking at that Sahara.
Asking questions not directly related to the 4-door Sahara is ok as well. :like: The guys will attempt to answer it in studio anyway.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Which engine did they prefer driving? If they had a chance to drive both.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I asked them back during the Wrangler press release to inquire if Jeep is thinking about making a two door diesel Wrangler, and they stated they would ask. Could you please bring up this question to TFL?

tilleo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Could you please go over the 2door rear legroom and storage space. the folding of the front chairs and if they go back into position after letting someone in the back.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I asked them back during the Wrangler press release to inquire if Jeep is thinking about making a two door diesel Wrangler, and they stated they would ask. Could you please bring up this question to TFL?
The live show will allow all JLWF members to type their questions live, so please feel free to ask again then if the guys in studio don't see the question here and volunteer and answer during the show.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Apply a side load to a back corner of the power top, with rear windows out and doors open. Does the track bind up when opening and closing? This will indicate how sensitive the tracks are to alignment.

I want to know this to see how robust this top is. I am concerned about bumps on the trail and the track system failing.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
The live show will allow all JLWF members to type their questions live, so please feel free to ask again then if the guys in studio don't see the question here and volunteer and answer during the show.
I would if I wasn't going to be 35,000 feet in the air, hopefully they answer my question (or someone else asks it).

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Will this new JL Wrangler make my girlfriend less crazy? Additionally, can it take care of my outstanding tax bill? Dilly Dilly! Sorry, just got caught up in it all.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I would like to ask them to make a video getting the power top off and back on, despite "not being recommended by jeep". Maybe they could also show us how it looks with the power top on but with the doors and back windows removed. Finally some comments on the new automatic transmission would be nice.
I would also like to see the rear panels and doors off !!!

And I would also like to know if the stock spare holder can support a 35” tire

And lastly when will package and full pricing be available

Sponsored

TFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Thanks all for your questions, we're keeping record! We will try to answer as many as possible during the hour. Keep in mind this will be a show and tell, so anything from small to large you want to see let us know. We'll keep updated with new questions both here and during the live feed.

Happy Jeeping,
Your Friends at The Fast Lane Car

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I would like to ask them to make a video getting the power top off and back on, despite "not being recommended by jeep". Maybe they could also show us how it looks with the power top on but with the doors and back windows removed. Finally some comments on the new automatic transmission would be nice.
I believe there is a thread showing how the metal roof side panels for the power top can be removed.

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
I'd like to see:

1. The tallest guy in the studio to give a headroom/legroom report in the driver's seat.
2. To see how easy it is to remove the dash trim.
3. How big the gap is behind the front seats with the back seats down (don't want the doggo's leg to get stuck.)
4. If they get a chance before the show, I'd like to see them do the 0-60 test on the V6 like they did with the turbo.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
If the reviewers had any drive time with the 6 speed manual transmission, I would be interested to hear opinions on that. Such as shift quality, how far a reach is the shifter (for a smaller person like my wife), how do they like the new shift pattern compared to the JK, and clutch feel and quality. And anything that might be known about the manual transmission strength. Having driven mostly older 4x4s, I am fine with a truck-like transmission feel, but I want something that will last and not give problems. Down the road I don't want to have the transmission slipping out of gear or clutch problems like some other transmissions.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Is the front axle disconnect on all models?
Sponsored