Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Sunrises across the country

IMG_20180911_074054_643.jpg
The Spirit "lives," even in Yonkers - New York City ! YEA . . . being from Queens I can relate to that . . . need to "Get Out" now and then . I did way back in '73 . . . only occasionally getting the "Big Apple Itch" - Central Park had that lure on me, not to mention all of Long Island. Nice shot, got more ?

edit; ps; can't believe NYS hasn't updated their plates - still ugly, ugly in the '60's, '70's then I left, and apparently still just about the same . . . shame on you Governor !

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
As a Washingtonian I have no choice but to "Like" this.
Me too . . . wondering from compass direction taken . . . what lake in the foreground ! Someone needs to get in the boat and start fishing ! Then take the photo . :like:

edit, ps; Mount Baker is calling . . . . . .

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just off Route 93 North, pre-Hoover Dam

FD98BAA2-770B-46D7-8148-A02F260F35B0.jpeg
In the 'Zona' close to home ? Ocean Blue sure does "pop" in the sun. Mine (so far with choices available) will be this or the Gray, which I prefer to call "Destroyer Gray" - as it once was named (it's a Navy Thing for me).

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is my JL Sport S, “JACK’D”.

I’m really happy with how it’s turning out.

3CED70BA-FB18-4F84-8E65-4FDF43A07856.jpeg
Nice ! I know nothing much about lifts & the use of spacers - please don't elaborate - but, I totally understand the desire, need for a cool lift . . . but then the spacers (?) pushing the wheels/tires OutSide the fender flares ? Doesn't that Defeat the purpose of the lift; better clearance and articulation ? Other than that your picture has also harkened me back to N.Y. - the rocky beach reminds me of Peconic Bay area, and the sailing ship (schooner?) was a nice touch, near perfect timing . . . :) :clap: .

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
Yea I was there - Chad?
My Jeep club goes there often for events and offroading. Fun place and some really nice people there. We just got back from a weekend camping trip at AOAA in Pa. I recognize the spot you were going through.

Keith.

Sponsored

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Nice ! I know nothing much about lifts & the use of spacers - please don't elaborate - but, I totally understand the desire, need for a cool lift . . . but then the spacers (?) pushing the wheels/tires OutSide the fender flares ? Doesn't that Defeat the purpose of the lift; better clearance and articulation ? Other than that your picture has also harkened me back to N.Y. - the rocky beach reminds me of Peconic Bay area, and the sailing ship (schooner?) was a nice touch, near perfect timing . . . :) :clap: .
That actually is the Peconic in the background. Good eye.

Spacers push the tires out so there’s no rub at full lock. I kept the OEM wheels rather then use aftermarkets. ✌

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep club goes there often for events and offroading. Fun place and some really nice people there. We just got back from a weekend camping trip at AOAA in Pa. I recognize the spot you were going through.

Keith.
Ahh, sorry. Yes at the Tee Pee - first time there. There was a JLUR there and thought it could have been you. Looks like there's a few JL owners on this forum. George

Cusma

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 keep wrangler
The Spirit "lives," even in Yonkers - New York City ! YEA . . . being from Queens I can relate to that . . . need to "Get Out" now and then . I did way back in '73 . . . only occasionally getting the "Big Apple Itch" - Central Park had that lure on me, not to mention all of Long Island. Nice shot, got more ?

edit; ps; can't believe NYS hasn't updated their plates - still ugly, ugly in the '60's, '70's then I left, and apparently still just about the same . . . shame on you Governor !

Hahah they changed them 2x since the 70s now we are back to these. They look horrible I like the old 90s white with the statue of liberty on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.