JLWF Photograph of the Month Contest - December 2018

1. Boatbuilder88

Boatbuilder88 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '19 Wrangler JL Sting Gray
    Liked:
    Yeah, I'm happy that I chose the upgraded wheels instead of going aftermarket even though aftermarket would have been cheaper. They look nice on a sting gray Jeep IMHO. My son recently named the Jeep "MJ" for Michael Jackson since its appearance changes daily. Side steps, fuel filler door, lug nuts,... :)

2. Lou3.6

Lou3.6 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle(s):
    75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
    Liked:
    Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
    I'm not one to name the inanimate objects I "own" ! However, pause (for affect), I'm thinking of putting my Moniker Decal Name on the hood - much like you would see "RUBICON" ! Mine would say - FLYFINATIC or FlyFinaticLou - the color as close to the jeep 'Ocean Blue' as possible. Why ? Glad you asked, i've been wanting to hint this . . . being retired Navy, you know Haze Gray & underway / Destroyer Gray / Sting Gray AND the deep blue sea being, well "Blue" ! I plan to change out the std. black fenders for Ocean Blue Fenders, then continue that O.B. theme between the Blue Fenders, below the doors (the sill sides) in the form of wave swells ! Painted or wrapped . . . not sure at this point. So I'm hoping for a Navy ship (Gray) floating on the O.B. Sea ! SEE ?
    Sure it may look really wacky different, but only one I need to have like it is ME, so, I shall see . . . ! ? It just so happens my Drift Boat is a similar Gray - it has a "fishy wrap" on it as well !

3. Boatbuilder88

Boatbuilder88 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    '19 Wrangler JL Sting Gray
    Liked:

Interesting theme. Maybe skip the granite wheels and go blue?

97aa066dcc42404e7602768333af5659_XL.jpg

Lou3.6 likes this.
  4. Lou3.6

Lou3.6 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Lou
    Vehicle(s):
    75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
    Liked:
    Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
    #79 Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    WELL, Friggin-A . . . how'd you do that (so fast) ? :rock: . . . Damn You . . . it is supposed to be a 'MY Original Idea' !
    I'm not as "crazy" in the up-fit department . . . so more conservative - OEM Fenders (Ocean Blue, but they may be the Rubicon ones?). All the "O.B." will be (again) down low (between the Fenders) looking like rolling ocean swells . The eventual rock rail/steps will also be painted O.B. - leaning toward UNEEK brand, they sit high and are just wide enough to help protect from the idiots in parking lots, as well as out on "the trail" searching for those hidden river & lake "gems" away from the "people noises"!
    Nothing better than a good nights sleep being lulled by the gentle flow of a stream or river and the wildlife "music" they make !
    Of course a good campfire and pot of perk-coffee is some icing on the cake ! THANKS FOR THE GREAT PHOTO EVEN IF IT "RUINED" "MY" IDEA, ha ha !
    ps; NO on the blue wheels . . . I really do like the Sport S upgrades ( actually I REALLY like the Rubi's standard ones, but can't get unless dish out $$$$ ! Oh, those Tuscany Mahogany leather seats . . . oh yea, I have a couple Nice American-made leather recliners in living area - never had in a vehicle ! They're a pain to manage (I hear?) but damn they look SO Warm & Inviting ! Just the 2 front seats & maybe the arm rest; taking out the rear for the GOOSE GEAR full deck !

5. Jon@ fieldworx

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 jeep JL Rubicon four-door, 2018 ford raptor, 2016 dodge ram 3500, Ducati 1299 final edition, Ducati V4
    Liked:

6. Jon@ fieldworx

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 jeep JL Rubicon four-door, 2018 ford raptor, 2016 dodge ram 3500, Ducati 1299 final edition, Ducati V4
    Liked:

7. Jon@ fieldworx

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    F3B841DC-B837-4969-A27C-D2E309F66CFD.png

8. Jon@ fieldworx

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:

9. OP
    OP
    JAY

JAY Administrator
    Administrator

First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Congratulations to @LeoTheDragon for this month's winning photo!

The first runner-up photo was posted by @ogjeep

The second runner-up photo was posted by @DrowningTurtle

Thank you for everyone's participation - with your photo submission and/or votes.

This competition is now closed, but this month's competition thread has now begun HERE!

viggen14, ogjeep and Boatbuilder88 like this.
  10. ogjeep

ogjeep Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
    Liked:
    Thanks for voting me runner up everyone.

IMBlu likes this.
  11. RWJLSAHARA

RWJLSAHARA Member

First Name:
    Ron
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara 2" Mopar Light 37 inch Toyo Open Country MT Rough Country’s N3 Steering Stabilizers
    Liked:
    Love the power top and yes if you hit water, mud or dig into deep too deep it comes up and over. The same thing can be said when you hit the blacktop with mud on your tires but all it takes is a push of a bottom and top closes in less than 30 seconds. I have built in dashcam that records all the adventures.

Front bumper is a Barricade Extreme HD and the rear is a Weston WJ2 - not many choices for the JL that will support a 37 tire.

12. JC7

JC7 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jdog
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep Rubicon
    Liked:
    LeoTheDragon likes this.