Sponsored

JLWF member spies red 2018 Wrangler Unlimited on highway

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
It's not hiding anything. They just had an extra piece of camo they slapped on there to scramble the appearance.
Probably true. The other spy pics don't have that extra piece of camo and it doesn't seem to have anything special underneath.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLWF member spies red 2018 Wrangler Unlimited on highway {filename}

...Unless there is some different top configuration on this mule.
Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Dude said:
It was hiding the vertical release handle behind C-Pillar.
The horizontal release handle, as pictured in earlier JLU renders, was a spot on prediction in terms of function, but not on location, given the new "Belt Line" styling contour along the entire length of the JLU body.

Last edited:

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
It was hiding the vertical release handle behind C-Pillar.
The horizontal release handle, as pictured in earlier JLU renders, was a spot on prediction in terms of function, but not on location, given the new "Belt Line" styling contour along the entire length of the JLU body.
Not sure where you got that information, or if you are prognosticating (making sh!t up :giggle:) but it makes me think. What if that camo is hiding a front edge hinge, and the rear quarter windows can pop open wing-window style, as well as pop off?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Not sure where you got that information, or if you are prognosticating (making sh!t up :giggle:) but it makes me think. What if that camo is hiding a front edge hinge, and the rear quarter windows can pop open wing-window style, as well as pop off?
Or maybe the roof was leaking and they added an extra piece of camo to keep water out!!:)

I don't care for the 45 degree gusset sweep at the lower front window behind the side view mirrors. I prefer the straight lines of the JK. It reminds me too much of the new Cherokee. Actually would prefer something more F-150 style but Ford probably has a trade dress on that design.

Last edited:

Rg1637

First Name
Raul de la garza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan xterra
I know that we haven't seen he interior yet but does it look like the dash has more of an angle on the right side of the steering wheel?

Sponsored

Bullring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Nothing new and didn't know where else to put these, but some more spy photos of the JLU that I came across

Jeep Wrangler JL JLWF member spies red 2018 Wrangler Unlimited on highway {filename}

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
Last two pics show a red top which I think is the first body colored roof we've seen.

That rear camo sticks out a ton.. what are they hiding??

Eugene the Jeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in black
Um, the spare? :giggle:
I was talking about the sides and how it wraps but yea probably has something to do with it. Just hoping all that heavy camo means a big innovative surprise is hiding underneath.

Sponsored

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Interesting... and it doesn't look fully body colored. The front part looks black?
Hmm it does look like that. I know there was talk about some swappable panels (soft and hard). Wonder if it has anything to do with that.

FiftyFive0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Chevy Tahoe
Found new photos, don't show much but it has the body colored door hinge showing.

Sponsored