JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

uglyyeti

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR, '18 JK Sport, '17 Tundra, '17 X5d
Jeep chat told me last Friday my Rubicon had gone go shipping earlier in the week. Expecting some good news today, I asked my dealer to track and it's now expected at the Winston-Salem, NC railyard on 4/4, then has to get on a truck to Charlotte. A month+ of transit time from Toledo - I'm only 500 miles away. Ugh. FCA needs some logistics lessons from the Germans. My last BMW made it here in 9 days via ship/truck!

Advertisement

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep chat told me last Friday my Rubicon had gone go shipping earlier in the week. Expecting some good news today, I asked my dealer to track and it's now expected at the Winston-Salem, NC railyard on 4/4, then has to get on a truck to Charlotte. A month+ of transit time from Toledo - I'm only 500 miles away. Ugh. FCA needs some logistics lessons from the Germans. My last BMW made it here in 9 days via ship/truck!
Talk to the railroads, FCA has no control over their movement. Unless you want delivery cost to go up to $2495 then you get valet service from Toledo to your garage.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone! I've been following this thread since ordering my Wrangler, but just signed up. I was going to see if anyone here could help me out. I order a Mojito Rubicon Unlimited, 3.6L V6, manual transmission, premium soft top, in mid January. It went to JB status sometime around Feb. 9th, but has been stuck there since. Since it's built I'm assuming the only thing that could be holding it up are a few of the extras (sill guards, soft top window bag, tray liner). I've seen similar orders that went in 5-6 weeks after mine being finished up. Anybody know what the hold-up could be? I've contacted Jeep chat multiple times without getting an answer. Thanks.
It is on the list of mysteries of life, like why are we here? Best guess is they might be short on one or two of the items and didn't want to pay Amazon's next day delivery cost. Many have tried to find out why some go through in 2 weeks from order to delivery and others sit for weeks. If we could only get someone that works in their scheduling department to become a forum member all would be answered. Except the why are we here thing.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Talk to the railroads, FCA has no control over their movement. Unless you want delivery cost to go up to $2495 then you get valet service from Toledo to your garage.
Railroads usually prioritize auto racks and intermodal cars. But once the vehicles get to an auto ramp facility, that is completely out of the railroads control. They usually own the property, but the offloading and trucking is a separate company.

Sponsored

Deleted member 29342

I’ll take that. :giggle:

WW2

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito 2DrJL Sport
I feel your pain..was excited when mine went into shipping in less than 2 weeks from order..now 5 1/2 weeks later..no jeep..I live in eastern NC so probably same Winston-Salem rail yard....my order date was 1/20

KirbyHouTx

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 2019 Mercedes AMG C63S (ordered)
Hey KirbyHouTx, I just got back in town, any updates on your ETA?
As of Monday, new ETA to Pearland was 3/15. It's so close I can taste it! I am trying not to bother my friend again...until Monday. Welcome back btw!

Hadoken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave (on order)
I feel your pain..was excited when mine went into shipping in less than 2 weeks from order..now 5 1/2 weeks later..no jeep..I live in eastern NC so probably same Winston-Salem rail yard....my order date was 1/20
Ouch..you guys aren't making me feel any better. I just ordered 3/7 and was hoping it would be to NC by the end of April. Sounds like that's not gonna be possible

Sponsored

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
As of Monday, new ETA to Pearland was 3/15. It's so close I can taste it! I am trying not to bother my friend again...until Monday. Welcome back btw!
Waiting for mine to hit the Kirby rail yard. ETA has shifted from 3/15 to 3/13 to 3/17.

Thankfully I'm leaving for vacation for a week so as long as it arrives sometime next week, I'll be plenty happy.

Ameza

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
That's in 2 days! Time to clean out the JK! Thanks for the update!

scapp

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2019 - JLU Rubicon - Ocean Blue; R.I.P. (traded in): 2012 - JKU Rubicon - Black; 2005 TJ Rubicon- Black; 1999 TJ Sahara - Black;
Jeep Chat just told me its been delivered to the dealer, it shipped Sunday I think?!?!? Not sure that's even possible, waiting for confirmation from the dealer... :fingerscrossed:

scapp

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2019 - JLU Rubicon - Ocean Blue; R.I.P. (traded in): 2012 - JKU Rubicon - Black; 2005 TJ Rubicon- Black; 1999 TJ Sahara - Black;
Jeep Chat just told me its been delivered to the dealer, it shipped Sunday I think?!?!? Not sure that's even possible, waiting for confirmation from the dealer... :fingerscrossed:
My Jeep is on the next truck, should get to the dealer Saturday or Monday:rock: :handsinair:

Kaliks&Bones

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mike MacDonald is the best...

Good Morning Mr. K&B,

My logistics office sent me an email update yesterday. They told me that your vehicle was loading yesterday and the ETA to the dealer was 3 business days Max. So it looks like the dealer could receive it Friday or perhaps Monday.

I'll continue to keep an eye on it for you and let you know of any updates.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you

Barely of 2 weeks since engaging him in my build.

Advertisement

Advertisement