Sponsored

JLWF gets a spotlight in an interesting article!

Bill P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited
Other new Wrangler JL owners I interviewed were also positive about the new JL. Dan Wilson, who is Principal of the Lynhurst 7th and 8th Grade Center in Indianapolis, loves the folding windshield. “It’s a direct genetic connection to the original Jeep Willys. It’s going to open that part of Jeep history in a way it hasn’t been opened since the CJ-2.”

Wilson was one of the first customers in the US to receive a manual transmission Jeep JL Rubicon and he came to my attention when he posted a satiric video response to Motor Trend’s review of the clutch action of the JL. He also mentioned several other details on the JL he’d noticed:

The floor mat – you can pop the rubber drain plug in the floor and rinse out the floor mat without even removing it – it will drain right through. You can change a setting on the 12-volt charger to make it live when the ignition is off so you can power a compressor or run a refrigerator. The spot on the rear window where the rear window wiper rests has a zigzag-heating element to de-ice the wiper.

Wilson also told me that in the two months between the time he’d ordered the new JL Wrangler Rubicon and received it, he’d obsessively read everything in print and on the JL Wrangler Forums, an online enthusiast hangout, about the vehicle. That kind of behavior is typical in strong brands with high engagement.
@DanW is that you?? :)

Cool read.