JLUXR vs 392 XR

jgemdoc

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 997 c2s -- 2022 rubicon on order
ok so ive been reading up the slight differences on the JLUR and 392 suspension. my question is and there might not be an answer yet since my understanding is that the XR option for the 392 is a new thing, but from what the option package description is for both cars, its seems its the same.

so does that mean the 392XR loses the fox shocks? or does the extreme recon option retain the fox shocks on the 392? since the option description for both the rubicon and the 392 are the same, do they have the same shocks?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jgemdoc

jgemdoc

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 997 c2s -- 2022 rubicon on order
so then the shocks arent considered part of the 35" suspension, its just the pseudo factory lift for the most part. then would the 392 fox's bolt up to the JLUXR? just curious, i have a friend with a 392 and is planning on swapping out some suspension bits, and id gladly take them off his hands for mine if they bolt right up.

Stevepass

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
ok so ive been reading up the slight differences on the JLUR and 392 suspension. my question is and there might not be an answer yet since my understanding is that the XR option for the 392 is a new thing, but from what the option package description is for both cars, its seems its the same.

so does that mean the 392XR loses the fox shocks? or does the extreme recon option retain the fox shocks on the 392? since the option description for both the rubicon and the 392 are the same, do they have the same shocks?
The shocks on the 392XR are not Fox like the base 392. We haven't heard what brand they are but was confirmed not Fox. I say try the 392 fox shocks from your friend's rig and see how you like them.

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The XR option for the JLUR and 392 does come with the same 'type' of upgrade. But all springs and shocks are model specific. This is also true for springs when looking at different JLURs- such as a diesel, 4xe, v6, etc.
Sponsored