JLUS Squeals During Sharp Turn

MOTC JL

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
The u-joint is on backorder so the dealership ordered and installed a new axle shaft. It was ready yesterday afternoon and all seems fixed.
Props to their quick turnaround on the part & install.

No real root cause other than a bad part.
Glad to hear you got this taken care of. I believe I have the same thing happening to my 2018 JLU Sport and would like to see your YouTube videos to hear the sound but they are private-can you provide and access code or make it public? The noise and location you described sounds the same but not entirely sure unless I see you’re videos. Also, I don’t always hear the noise so can’t replicate for the Dealership yet.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Umm, U joints on back order? Are these some new size of ball joint that no other vehicle has ever used? U Joints are pretty standard.

OP
OP
redsyphon

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear you got this taken care of. I believe I have the same thing happening to my 2018 JLU Sport and would like to see your YouTube videos to hear the sound but they are private-can you provide and access code or make it public? The noise and location you described sounds the same but not entirely sure unless I see you’re videos. Also, I don’t always hear the noise so can’t replicate for the Dealership yet.
Should be accessible now:
Rotational Wheel Squeel
Rotational Wheel Squeel 2