Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Hi everyone,

I took delivery of a JLUS last week - about 300 miles home from Koons. I noticed last night that the driver side wiper nut cover is missing and have no idea when it came off (I park facing into my garage and don't stare at the front of the Jeep). The plastic cover on the other nut was barely pressed in, so I'm assuming the same is true of the driver side.

I emailed Craig at Koons and am hopeful they will do the right thing, but in case they decide not to - can anyone help me find a part number for this cap? This is my first Jeep and I haven't been able to locate a site yet that breaks down part numbers well.

Thanks,

-AL

missingcap.jpg
Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Hi everyone,

I took delivery of a JLUS last week - about 300 miles home from Koons. I noticed last night that the driver side wiper nut cover is missing and have no idea when it came off (I park facing into my garage and don't stare at the front of the Jeep). The plastic cover on the other nut was barely pressed in, so I'm assuming the same is true of the driver side.

I emailed Craig at Koons and am hopeful they will do the right thing, but in case they decide not to - can anyone help me find a part number for this cap? This is my first Jeep and I haven't been able to locate a site yet that breaks down part numbers well.

Thanks,

-AL

missingcap.jpg
You could try mymoparparts.com, but probably would have to call them as I am not sure what the part number would be for that.

OP
OP
Aclud4

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Sounds like the dealer may have had your Jeep displayed with the windshield down(there was one at my dealer).
I wondered when I saw it, whether this would cause problems(scratching/blemishes or not reassembled correctly).
Definitely not - it was trucked in and prepped and I picked it up less than 72 hours later.

-AL

OP
OP
Aclud4

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
You could try mymoparparts.com, but probably would have to call them as I am not sure what the part number would be for that.
Thanks! nothing on the site, I'll hang tight for Craig and dig in if I have to. Was curious to get an idea of how much a $2 piece of plastic might cost me :)

-AL

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Thanks! nothing on the site, I'll hang tight for Craig and dig in if I have to. Was curious to get an idea of how much a $2 piece of plastic might cost me :)

-AL
Oooooh can we guess??? I think it’s a .03 piece of plastic that’ll cost $13.87.

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
It’s a buck from your parts department, just have someone order it.

OP
OP
Aclud4

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
And the winner is....an eerily close @Jeep noob - cheapest I see it by a quick Google search is Rock Auto at $13.34. Part # in case anyone else needs them is 55155765AA. Craig @ Koons took care of it - definitely recommend Koons, it's worth the trip. Go and enjoy DC while you're there, it's a short train ride from the dealership.

image.jpg