Sponsored

JLUS - ACC off delay

Tbackus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
So I discovered this weekend that when the car is in ACC mode, and I am listening to the radio, it turns off after 30 minutes. Can this delay be changed in anyway? I did not see this in any of the settings in UConnect, but maybe a programmer has the ability?
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
The delay for how long (or if) the radio and accessories stay on after engine shut down can be adjusted in the settings menu. If you've specifically selected ACC on the ignition switch/button, I don't think that can be changed. It's likely a battery saver mode that is intended to prevent you from forgetting you left it on and draining the battery (my Ram had such a feature, so it's logical a Jeep would too).

AtlantaJeepers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The delay for how long (or if) the radio and accessories stay on after engine shut down can be adjusted in the settings menu. If you've specifically selected ACC on the ignition switch/button, I don't think that can be changed. It's likely a battery saver mode that is intended to prevent you from forgetting you left it on and draining the battery (my Ram had such a feature, so it's logical a Jeep would too).
This is not true. There is no place to change the setting. Annoying when going to drive-in and/or to beach and listening to radio. Especially after installing a Genesis battery isolator. I have contacted both Genesis and Tazer (installed) and neither have been successful in correcting this issue.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
This is not true. There is no place to change the setting. Annoying when going to drive-in and/or to beach and listening to radio. Especially after installing a Genesis battery isolator. I have contacted both Genesis and Tazer (installed) and neither have been successful in correcting this issue.
Yes, it is true. The owners manual tells you how to do it on page 556. Although to be fair the earlier pages for the non-navigation radios it says "if equipped" so you may not have it.

Although if you're talking about Accessory Mode only, not delay after power off, I already said it can't be changed.
" ...... If you've specifically selected ACC on the ignition switch/button, I don't think that can be changed. ...."

So, again, still true.
See attached image for engine off options.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUS - ACC off delay accessory delay.JPG

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I think it's for dummies like me (I onlybsaid "me" so no one will be insulted! lol) to keep from having battery failure and calling for jump starts!! I think if you don't have "auto Headlights on and you shut down the lights and all shut down in only a very few minutes?

I think all vehicles have that now?

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored