JLUS 2.5 LIFT

miklz02

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JLU
Hey everyone...first time jeep owner here, and looking for some thoughts, as I have no clue.... I'm going to be installing 35's with the RK lift kit attached.... will I need anything else to complete the lift kit? I will only be doing minimal off roading .. and additional info will be great ...thanks

Screenshot_20190606-144708_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: aai

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I would get sway bar disconnects, even if you don't need the extreme front end articulation the offroad ride is way better with the swaybar disconnected. It also helps keep your body more level as the front end goes over obstacles (and also helps keep front end traction in 4WD).

20190528_125723_zps8dfuosyc.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone...first time jeep owner here, and looking for some thoughts, as I have no clue.... I'm going to be installing 35's with the RK lift kit attached.... will I need anything else to complete the lift kit? I will only be doing minimal off roading .. and additional info will be great ...thanks

Screenshot_20190606-144708_Facebook.jpg
Great choice of lift, you should be all set for what you say you’ll be doing with it.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
JLUS = sport ... 35s on sport needs regearing?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
JLUS = sport ... 35s on sport needs regearing?
You will have to decide that, I don’t think you need to, the 3.6 and 8 speed auto handle them pretty good, manual 6 speeds might not do as well. But it really is more of a personal preference than a need imho.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
That kit contains everything you need to have proper geometry corrections. There are, of course, additional parts that you could add to increase performance but nothing that you NEED.
Sponsored