Sponsored

JLURD Rock Slider/Body Mount Torque Spec

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Installing some LOD Destroyers on my JLURD. The two rear brackets get attached near the body isolators. What torque should be used for these three bolts in reattachment? I had to loosen the big center bolt to shift the washer at one mount location.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLURD Rock Slider/Body Mount Torque Spec 1673035267063

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I tried searching on my own. LOD can't help me. I see various info online, some conflicting and I don't really know what bolts they are talking about.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Oops, reread. 36 is for the nuts. On the big bolts new threadlock and 79 for M12s or 92 for M14s.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Jeep Wrangler JL JLURD Rock Slider/Body Mount Torque Spec 1673036406853

Sponsored

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oops, reread. 36 is for the nuts. On the big bolts new threadlock and 79 for M12s or 92 for M14s.
Thank you. Any idea if the rear two body mounts have M12 or M14?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thank you. Any idea if the rear two body mounts have M12 or M14?
M12s are normally 18mm socket size on the Jeep IIRC. Be careful if you haven't already broken the locktight. Lots of people break those bolts.

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Do you have to worry about anything falling apart if you remove the bolt to put the loctite on?

I'm assuming blue 242 removable loctite is best for this application?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Do you have to worry about anything falling apart if you remove the bolt to put the loctite on?

I'm assuming blue 242 removable loctite is best for this application?
No. The existing threadlocker is supposed to be broken with induction heat, so I'd assume it's more likely Red.

Personally, I'd consider tightening back up and checking on it just incase the bond isn't fully broken.

I haven't done it personally, and I can't remember if there is a retaining washer on them. If there is, you'll get it loose and it will still be "stuck" in the hole but will rotate. Hopefully someone with experience will chime in.

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
What is meant by the A, B, and C pillars?

Sponsored

OP
OP

treillw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well now I feel like I've got stuff really messed up.

Loosened the passenger side B pillar body mount center bolt to put lock tite on it. It turned fine loosening, but started making some creaking noises while removing it. I'm wrenching on it pretty hard and it won't come off. I don't want to turn it much harder and break it. I'm thinking I should just tighten it back up to torque spec, mark it with a paint pen, and monitor it to see if it moves.

I set the torque wrench to 79 ftlbs, as it's a 18mm socket. I have it torqued to 79 ft pounds, but that is nowhere near as tight as it was. I can tell that I haven't tightened the bolt nearly as far as I've loosened it.

What am I missing?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

Loosened the passenger side B pillar body mount center bolt to put lock tite on it. It turned fine loosening, but started making some creaking noises while removing it. I'm wrenching on it pretty hard and it won't come off. I don't want to turn it much harder and break it. I'm thinking I should just tighten it back up to torque spec, mark it with a paint pen, and monitor it to see if it moves.

I set the torque wrench to 79 ftlbs, as it's a 18mm socket. I have it torqued to 79 ft pounds, but that is nowhere near as tight as it was. I can tell that I haven't tightened the bolt nearly as far as I've loosened it.

What am I missing?
Probably the hardened lock tite.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

What am I missing?
Think there's been stories of the upper bolt head breaking loose, IIRC some of them have a tack weld but since I've never dealt w/ those bolts I'm just going by what I've read.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Bump, let’s get someone who’s messed with these in here.
Sponsored