Sponsored

JLURD aux battery options - are there any yet?

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Did a search on this, and see lots of discussion on battery replacements for the diesels - but none on implementing a true dual battery system as has been available on the JKUR forever (Genesis, MORE, etc.).

I have been waiting for Genesis to get theirs out, but spoke to them yesterday and their Gladiator kit MIGHT release in Q3, but it is not compatible with the JLURD. The JLURD is going to be Q4 (more likely next year) per one of their CSR's as they have had to "start over" on it as the Gladiator kit won't fit in the JLURD.

With that, this leaves me to wonder if there is anything else out there as the JLURD is now several years old and the OEM batteries don't appear to be holding up that well based on all the strings where people are talking about having to replace one / both batteries.

TIA for any inputs here
D
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
would like to see some options in this space also

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Did a search on this, and see lots of discussion on battery replacements for the diesels - but none on implementing a true dual battery system as has been available on the JKUR forever (Genesis, MORE, etc.).

I have been waiting for Genesis to get theirs out, but spoke to them yesterday and their Gladiator kit MIGHT release in Q3, but it is not compatible with the JLURD. The JLURD is going to be Q4 (more likely next year) per one of their CSR's as they have had to "start over" on it as the Gladiator kit won't fit in the JLURD.

With that, this leaves me to wonder if there is anything else out there as the JLURD is now several years old and the OEM batteries don't appear to be holding up that well based on all the strings where people are talking about having to replace one / both batteries.

TIA for any inputs here
D
Gladiator now pushed again to Q4 2022 - maybe...

Looks like they have removed all references to Wrangler diesel altogether now

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
That stinks....in the interim can anyone recommend the best replacement for the aux and full size battery. I want to replace both of mine before winter hits, and want the most long lasting I can find.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy