Sponsored

JLURD aftermarket transmission cooling options - seeking suggestions

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
asking now that you've had all summer,.. ;)

did you ever try one of these pans?

if yes, how did it work out? were you able to find any differences?

did you have any fit issues with a belly pan?

any concerns that it might cool enough that it might hinder your being able to get the trans up to proper operating temps in the cold months? (many people don't seem to recognize that a transmission has a *minimum* operating temp as well,...)

they cleaned up their website a bit since i posted this, i believe there is only one option for the diesel with my transmission now (8HP75 / ZF8). this one picks up an extra quart and looks to be "low profile" which should fit up under my skids

https://ppepower.com/products/trans...avy-duty-cast-aluminum?variant=42081930674419
Sponsored

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
asking now that you've had all summer,.. ;)

did you ever try one of these pans?

if yes, how did it work out? were you able to find any differences?

did you have any fit issues with a belly pan?

any concerns that it might cool enough that it might hinder your being able to get the trans up to proper operating temps in the cold months? (many people don't seem to recognize that a transmission has a *minimum* operating temp as well,...)
good nudge here as i have been watching this closely.

short version as follows:

offroad - if i stay in 4l and mind the skinny pedal, it usually stays in a comfortable zone
onroad - with the exception of running uphill at speed (75mph+) with ac on and running heavy as usual, it stays where it should be

i will still end up doing this honestly as i can't afford to have this become an issue, but i suspect it's going to require significant surgery and modification to the MC skid system.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i think i’d want to look deeper into an external cooler before i’d want to get into compromising the coverage afforded by my belly pan.

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
i think i’d want to look deeper into an external cooler before i’d want to get into compromising the coverage afforded by my belly pan.
totally agree, i wont do this if it impacts coverage or protection whatsoever
Sponsored