JLUR - Xtreme Recon Package or Clayton Overland Lift

Vinswitch

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Xtreme Recon, Sting Gray 4 door
I just purchased a 2021 Rubicon JL with the Xtreme Recon package. The wife and I absolutely love the turnkey mods from the factory, and you can't beat that all of it is covered under the factory warranty! But to each their own...

Omotose

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited Extreme Recon
You know I want to have the same perspective with my XR as well. I have no complaints with how it is setup and runs…. Other than it is not as high as my previous JK.

7B52793C-262A-4DEA-80F8-2CD12EEBEB9E.jpeg

path0s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Now it needs 37s
Yea, I got a few other things I'm saving for before the 37s are thrown on. Only thing coming in is door sill guards/xpel straps.

And then using one of my free jeep wave oil changes at 1000 miles.

And then I'll probably drain and fill my diffs around 1500-3000 mile mark.

Sponsored

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm running the 2.5 Clayton Overland lift with 35" tires. The ride is fantastic, but the travel admittedly is slightly limited. I am comparing to a frankinlift on my old JKU, admittedly. I can throw on 37" tires with no further lift but I did replace the fenders and inner fenders. The ride on the street is akin to stock. I can feel the tires are larger, but there is no more and no less wander or bump. I knew I was going to DD this Jeep for some time so I focused on what would be maintenance free and quiet on the street.

I don't know that the XR would be for me. I like my Lego project and aside from the beefier axle, everything else I like to do myself.

Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR - Xtreme Recon Package or Clayton Overland Lift 1

DGT

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel, Ford Excursion,Volvo XC70
I'm running the 2.5 Clayton Overland lift with 35" tires. The ride is fantastic, but the travel admittedly is slightly limited. I am comparing to a frankinlift on my old JKU, admittedly. I can throw on 37" tires with no further lift but I did replace the fenders and inner fenders. The ride on the street is akin to stock. I can feel the tires are larger, but there is no more and no less wander or bump. I knew I was going to DD this Jeep for some time so I focused on what would be maintenance free and quiet on the street.

I don't know that the XR would be for me. I like my Lego project and aside from the beefier axle, everything else I like to do myself.

Which shocks did you go with for your new lift?

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Which shocks did you go with for your new lift?
I went with the Fox 2.0 and have no complaints. Sure, they don't look as cool as some other offerings, but they get the job done well without a large needless hit to the pocketbook. If I was to upgrade, I think I would look at Kings. Buddy of mine had the Falcon shocks and wasn't too impressed. He needed a rebuild, but he found he HAD to send them in for service and the lead time was crazy. With Kings, they can be serviced locally. All that said, I'd pretty much be upgrading for looks mostly.

Reactions: DGT

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 crew Honda Civic si

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 crew Honda Civic si

stance looks great. I’ve looked at every imaginable lift for my wife’s rubicon and think I might have settled on this one. Ride quality( comfortable)being the most important factor with build quality a close second how would you rate this lift? Will be her DD and will be on 35s
Sponsored