Sponsored

JLUR with aftermarket cage - CB/HAM mounting options?

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Hi,

Did a search, and didn't come up with any results on this.

Looking for suggestions on where to mount my HAM radio (https://www.amazon.com/TYT-TH-9800-...ctronics&sprefix=ham+radio+car,aps,303&sr=1-3).

Like many things, this decision is complicated by my build choices to date - specifically the full RockHard cage. Has anyone else done this yet on a JLUR (with cage) - and if so where did you mount / with what kit?

I was looking at this one for my JKUR - but the SPOD ended up in this location instead:

https://www.[Banned Site]/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR

TIA
D
Sponsored

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
Nice radio. That faceplate looks removeable - is it? If so, could remote the main unit & mount just the faceplate to the dash bar, yes?
Otherwise, maybe something like this would work:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...VSmW0Zc1hjI6riz4Vb-Q-vun9iwpMCp8aAjjNEALw_wcB
I think it might be removable, but part of what I'm trying to accomplish is to get head unit with speaker up at ear level to make it easier to use. I had my CB in JK mounted like that and it was very hard to hear

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I think it might be removable, but part of what I'm trying to accomplish is to get head unit with speaker up at ear level to make it easier to use. I had my CB in JK mounted like that and it was very hard to hear
I get it, but that's why they make remote speakers. I've stuffed a tiny one inside the rollbar padding on a JK, but 6" from my ear, and it worked great. This also keeps all the main unit cabling (mic, power, antenna) tucked neatly out of the way.

My Kenood dual band rig almost requires the faceplate to be remote mounting & it makes the installs a lot easier. Plus, external speakers are cheap.

OP
OP
drick

drick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR & 2021 JLURD
I get it, but that's why they make remote speakers. I've stuffed a tiny one inside the rollbar padding on a JK, but 6" from my ear, and it worked great. This also keeps all the main unit cabling (mic, power, antenna) tucked neatly out of the way.

My Kenood dual band rig almost requires the faceplate to be remote mounting & it makes the installs a lot easier. Plus, external speakers are cheap.
This actually might work out well to do in next phase. I have to have them pop the top to do the cage padding and they could likely run the wiring at the same time.

Thanks for the info / suggestions!

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
This actually might work out well to do in next phase. I have to have them pop the top to do the cage padding and they could likely run the wiring at the same time.

Thanks for the info / suggestions!
Cool. Check to see if they make a remote kit for that radio - a mounting plate for the faceplate & a cable to connect the two. It just might work. Post pictures when you’re done!
Sponsored