Sponsored

JLUR went haywire and dealership can't diagnose the problem.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I picked up the Jeep on Saturday, due to lack of faith in the dealership. Literally, the same day, the issue replicated itself. This time I took video. I am only showing 1:30 minutes of video, but I have much more. I'm hoping Jeep customer care tier two will call back tomorrow. I'll make sure to call them as well.

Are you able to post this on Jeep’s social media pages? Facebook, twitter, etc?

I swear there are threads on this forum of similar problems. I’ve read about this exact problem a few months ago.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rogue

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Mine did literally the exact same thing....bad aux battery

Make sure they are testing the aux battery properly. First time mine tested ok and they sent me down the road telling me nothing was wrong after my Jeep had to be towed in.

There is also a relay some people have had replaced that can be the root cause
Thank you for the suggestions!

OP
OP

Rogue

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Are you able to post this on Jeep’s social media pages? Facebook, twitter, etc?

I swear there are threads on this forum of similar problems. I’ve read about this exact problem a few months ago.
I could, I just haven't yet. The video should have tags in it. I was going to wait until Jeep tier 2 calls me back before I make a huge stink out of it via social media.

hai5rockin

First Name
Hai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patriot, MOAB 19
I could, I just haven't yet. The video should have tags in it. I was going to wait until Jeep tier 2 calls me back before I make a huge stink out of it via social media.
safety measures, that's for sure. *thumbs up

Sponsored

singaporeIrish1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR; 2021 Ram TRX; 2020 Supra
Support the recommendation of taking video each time it happens. It helped me get traction with dealer on a 2014 JK Rubicon at 6,000 miles.

They struggled with diagnosis .... knew by my videos that problem was real. Ended up replacing the main harness. Never happened again. No additional reliability problems.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction. I had lost confidence / worried about electrical gremlins as this was a Jeep my daughter was to take to college. No additional issues.

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Sounds like the aux battery ... The aux battery will make the car do all sorts of crazy things like that

OP
OP

Rogue

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Not much of an update, except that I took it to the original dealership I purchased it from. The dealership is an hour away, which is why I brought it to a local one to fix the first time. The original dealership is working with Jeep to try and duplicate the issue and they are going to plug in something to read codes. I have more confidence in the original dealership. Really hoping they can find the root cause, because if they can't, we're not planning to pick up the Jeep.

OP
OP

Rogue

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Coming here to post an update. After being in two dealerships for eight weeks, it came down to needing to replace the wiring in star connector. I believe it was one wire. Anyway, so glad to have my Jeep back! Fingers crossed that we won't experience any other issues.
Sponsored