Sponsored

JLUR vs Sentra low speed crash at traffic light.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Beat me to it.

That's a classy-looking Nissan. Hopefully the offending driver has an insurance policy that wasn't purchased from a cartoon general on TV.
Hey hey hey! If its good enough for Shaq then its good enough for you!
Jeep Wrangler JL JLUR vs Sentra low speed crash at traffic light. 811C3A72-F73D-41A3-8181-E942D5B9A826
Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I ran over a tire tread (tire cap, retread, gator etc) the highway one night in my wifeā€™s car a Civic Si. The impact left big black marks on the white spoiler/ bumper. I spent lots of time with polish compound, goof off, bug away and many other products trying to remove the impact marks. I spent 120 seconds from start to finish using a magic eraser that removed all marks with little effort.

Professional detailers use a magic eraser to clean the windows. I thought the erasers were too abrasive but am finding out more uses for it.

I havenā€™t tried one on a painted door (non plastic or fiberglass surface) but if your considering a rattle can give a magic eraser a try. Start with little pressure first.
Magic erasers are melamine foam.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
And it was right outside the Hicksville car repair centre - so there's that!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I ran over a tire tread (tire cap, retread, gator etc) the highway one night in my wifeā€™s car a Civic Si. The impact left big black marks on the white spoiler/ bumper. I spent lots of time with polish compound, goof off, bug away and many other products trying to remove the impact marks. I spent 120 seconds from start to finish using a magic eraser that removed all marks with little effort.

Professional detailers use a magic eraser to clean the windows. I thought the erasers were too abrasive but am finding out more uses for it.

I havenā€™t tried one on a painted door (non plastic or fiberglass surface) but if your considering a rattle can give a magic eraser a try. Start with little pressure first.
This the damn truth right here for sure. Theyā€™re awesome. I try hand polish first and if that doesnā€™t work ill use a magic eraser with some detail spray and if that still doesnā€™t work add hand polish on it. Beyond that Iā€™ll take it to a detail shop but itā€™s never come to that.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Make sure you use polishing compound and wax after the magic eraser, as they are somewhat abrasive. Dampen it and get the paint wet first.

aville65

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bug, 09 Jetta, 24 Tiguan R-Line, 21 JL Sport S
Occupation
Retired
The Nissan with cheap hubcaps, fake stick-on ports, pinstripes in every direction; looks like a JC Whitney Edition... šŸ˜«
Everything is relative my friend, Iā€™m sure that Nissan is his pride and joy, as are our Wranglers.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Does your state do Diminished Value claims? If so, you might be able to get it from the at fault partyā€™s insurance. Even if you donā€™t plan to trade or sell, your asset has been depreciated if the accident shows up on your title history.
Maintaining net worth is important in protecting your loved ones. Granted, most Wrangler owners donā€™t store their net worth in cars so it may not be worth your time to monitor your title history. Just food for thought.
Sponsored