Sponsored

JLUR vs Sentra low speed crash at traffic light.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
2020 JLUR vs 2008 Nissan Sentra low speed crash 😣😣😣

The guy was very nice but shaken up. We exchanged insurance info and did not file a police report.

He has opened an insurance claim as his damage was a lot more than mine. I am just going to get a can of Mopar Spray paint and do this myself as there was no dent. Am I doing something wrong?

6A762784-6B23-45D5-AC45-FA157DD1C4A6.jpeg

78C64A76-9C88-40D7-9C83-702B617D99F6.jpeg

D14C1AC0-B16F-4AD5-A44D-AD070A5AB869.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
How did a Sentra hit you that high up?

And if there's no dent, I recommend a compound and wax first before rattlecanning it. You'll probably be able to get rid of most of the marks.

OP
OP
631_Islander

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did a Sentra hit you that high up?

And if there's no dent, I recommend a compound and wax first before rattlecanning it. You'll probably be able to get rid of most of the marks.
Guy ran a red light with two kids in tow. He braked hard but was still unable to avoid me and hit me probably at less than 10mph. He was pretty cooperative and we kept it cordial.

still no idea how he hit me that high up, lol.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Had to be his rearview mirror. It probably folded and went back into place after impact, or he didn't notice it. The mirror is high enough, sticks out further than any other body part and is moveable so it wouldn't "dent" your vehicle.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Hopefully he files no claim against you? If so you'll get a "CarFax" on your Jeep and when trade time comes your jeep will be of less value! if all his fault no probs for you but if yours and he files a claim or you do, "CarFax' so fix it yourself! Even if you claim against him, "CarFax" ya can't win!

Had a rear ender against our Jeep Liberty, not our fault coulda fixed it myself for about 100 bucks! Figured not at fault might as well get it all fixed, Shop got it up to about 4K, not my insurance so go to it!! Went to trade a year later...CarFax, even though all Jeep parts the dealer deducted 4K!!!! did a "well I'm outa here, 4 dealers later I found my original dealer would only deduct 2K...best deal!!

Go Jeep!!!

OP
OP
631_Islander

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully he files no claim against you? If so you'll get a "CarFax" on your Jeep and when trade time comes your jeep will be of less value! if all his fault no probs for you but if yours and he files a claim or you do, "CarFax' so fix it yourself! Even if you claim against him, "CarFax" ya can't win!

Had a rear ender against our Jeep Liberty, not our fault coulda fixed it myself for about 100 bucks! Figured not at fault might as well get it all fixed, Shop got it up to about 4K, not my insurance so go to it!! Went to trade a year later...CarFax, even though all Jeep parts the dealer deducted 4K!!!! did a "well I'm outa here, 4 dealers later I found my original dealer would only deduct 2K...best deal!!

Go Jeep!!!
He did file a claim just now but fortunately I do not plan on trading in or selling.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

He has opened an insurance claim as his damage was a lot more than mine. I am just going to get a can of Mopar Spray paint and do this myself as there was no dent. Am I doing something wrong?
yes you are doing something wrong if you do a rattle can repair. Your jeep will start to look like a jalopy like his car.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The Nissan with cheap hubcaps, fake stick-on ports, pinstripes in every direction; looks like a JC Whitney Edition...
Beat me to it.

That's a classy-looking Nissan. Hopefully the offending driver has an insurance policy that wasn't purchased from a cartoon general on TV.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Beat me to it.

That's a classy-looking Nissan. Hopefully the offending driver has an insurance policy that wasn't purchased from a cartoon general on TV.
I know, huh.

It takes a fair bit of low self-esteem to slap cheap, fake ports onto the sides of the car in the hopes that it will make one feel better...

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I didn't see the pics, are the fake vents on the hood, or the fender just in front of the door?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
That car just screams UNINSURED MOTORIST.
I have an Un- and Under-Insured Driver endorsement on my auto policy precisely to inoculate myself against such people. These idiots cost us money even if we never cross paths.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I ran over a tire tread (tire cap, retread, gator etc) the highway one night in my wife’s car a Civic Si. The impact left big black marks on the white spoiler/ bumper. I spent lots of time with polish compound, goof off, bug away and many other products trying to remove the impact marks. I spent 120 seconds from start to finish using a magic eraser that removed all marks with little effort.

Professional detailers use a magic eraser to clean the windows. I thought the erasers were too abrasive but am finding out more uses for it.

I haven’t tried one on a painted door (non plastic or fiberglass surface) but if your considering a rattle can give a magic eraser a try. Start with little pressure first.
Sponsored