JLUR vs JKU height question

KilroyWasHere

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Long time lurker, first time poster. Planning to trade in my 2014 JKU for a JLUR next year.

I have an older house with low garage door opening. My JKU Oscar Mike has a 1" lift and running 285/70/17s. By my calc, that's about 1.5" above stock. With hard top I clear the garage entrance by a few inches. With soft top, bows clear by maybe 3/4 inch.

So would a JLUR with 285/70/17s and no extra lift clear my garage?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Be very careful using the Jeep specs. On the site, they have all the heights the same, regardless of trim, which is certainly not correct.

I would put a level on the Jeep top and measure the clearance you have now (this would take into account the slope in your garage slab). Then you may want to do the same thing at a dealer lot.

Is the clearance tightest at the actual opening, or to the bottom of the door when it's up? You may be able to adjust your opener to open further and give you a little more clearance if it's the door.

OP
OP

KilroyWasHere

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Thanks. Looks like JL and JK are almost the same height. My JK stock was shorter by about half an inch. Add 1.5" and it's taller than a stock JLUR.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My stock JLU Sahara was slightly taller than my stock JKUR Recon, if that tells you anything.
Sponsored